Bright followers are led by Jason Bright. They want to make a pilgrimage in some rockets at REPCONN Aerospace. A number of them dwell in the upper levels of the REPCONN Test Site until the way to the basement is cleared, while others may be found deceased along the road to the test site and within the lower levels of the building due to an attack by nightkin who arrived looking for Stealth Boys.
More followers have also met with an unfortunate fate in the Mojave Wasteland and can be found dead at various locations. The dead followers tend to be well-armed, especially the ones found within the REPCONN test site, who often carry plasma defenders, a very rare weapon elsewhere.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Bright Brotherhood robe||Laser pistol
Many robed corpses of Bright followers can be found strewn across the Mojave Wasteland, such as:
- Inside Goodsprings cave.
- At Primm Pass.
- South-southwest of the Highway 95 Viper's encampment, in line with the tree visible at the top of the hill from the shack with makeshift bedding and two healing powders,
- Southwest of the Emergency service railyard up the hill towards the power line tower near some rocks.
- The coyote den, north of Nipton.
- Under the train overpass just south of Sloan.
- Under the servo sign at Nipton Road reststop.
- One north of Wolfhorn ranch, next to the nearest roadside billboard advertising Fancy Lads Snack Cakes.
- Along the road leading to Ranger Station Charlie, and east of the sealed train tunnel. The corpse leans against a rock, across from the Rita's Cafe hilltop billboard on the other side of the road.
- "Jason will lead us to the Far Beyond!"
- "The holy fire will carry us to our salvation!"
- "All praise the Great Journey! All praise the Creator's divine will!"
Bright followers appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
The Bright follower corpses were spread throughout the Mojave, especially in lower-level areas of the game, to give the player character easy access to energy weapons early in the game. Joshua Sawyer made this decision as a plausible explanation for the availability of energy weapons, since the Bright followers are "nutty."
- Fallout: New Vegas 10th Anniversary Charity Stream (reference starts at 3:46:27)
Joshua Sawyer: "'Why is there a Bright follower in this cave?' I think it was to give more, um... so the idea we had is that the Bright followers are kinda nutty, and we kinda just... or, I distributed them throughout the wasteland to give a little more availability of energy weapons early in the game. Plausibly."