The key to the armory is carried both by Harkness and Commander Danvers. A Mister Gutsy named Private Jones guards the door but it can be easily distracted with a successful Speech check. Harkness opens the armory door from time to time, but upon attempting to enter, Jones and Harkness will both attack the player character and lock the armory door. Inside there is also a hostile automated turret.
- Schematics - Rock-It Launcher located in the armory.
- The schematics can be obtained by picking the lock, running in, taking the schematics and running away via the second passage to one's right, which leads outside. The guard outside will not be hostile. Fast travel away, then fast travel back, and the guards will be neutral again.
- After unlocking the door then fleeing and returning, the door will still be open. However, if one enters the armory again or gets near the threshold, hostilities will begin again.
- While breaking into the armory will cause short term hostilities with the guards and cost some Karma loss, many items, including the schematics, are not marked as owned.
- The terminal (Very Easy) can be found on the middle floor near the armory and the top floor. Both contain the information under the title "security log."
- The first floor of the bridge tower also serves as the guards' sleeping and recreation areas with secured foot lockers and some personal items.
The bridge tower appears only in Fallout 3.
- The hostile turret inside the armory can see the player character from the space around the door (it can also be targeted in V.A.T.S. from the right position). This will occasionally result in Private Jones and the guards becoming hostile as well. [verified]
- Because the turret is always hostile, certain companions will attack it from outside the armory. This does not turn the guards hostile towards the player character, but can lead to the turret's death. [verified]