Breakheart Banks can be approached from the west and south, with the other sides consisting of a steep cliff into the river. There is a fortification garrisoned by a single super mutant and some mutant hounds. Nearby, there is a car near the north end, with tin can alarms suspended overhead and skeleton lovers in an eternal embrace.
Inside the shack there is a mattress, a weapons workbench, a steamer trunk, as well as a fridge stocked with corn cobs and mole rat meat. A cooking station can be used next to the cornfield. To the northwest a fishing boat is stranded. It has an interior that can be entered and is the source of the nautical radio signal.
- Super mutant waistcloth - In the scouting tower.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - On a television stand in the scouting tower.
- Super mutant chest harness - In the main building next to the weapons workbench.
- Over 22 ears of corn - To be picked up in the field and in the fridge.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Greenskins: A group of super mutants has been terrorizing a group of settlers who are unable to defend themselves. The Sole Survivor is called on to make sure they'll never be a threat to anyone else again.
- Hypothesis: To aid in one of his experiments, Doctor Holdren of the Institute's BioScience division asks the Sole Survivor to obtain a tissue sample from a particularly tough super mutant and return it to him.
- Kidnapping: Concerned settlers will ask the Sole Survivor to help them rescue a fellow settler that was kidnapped for ransom by nearby hostiles, hoping to have them freed without harm.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- The remains of a crashed military convoy can be found to the east on the road running past the banks. The location has three crashed semi tractor-trailers, with one carrying two armored vehicles. The trailer still on the road has a locked rear door. The area is protected by leveled military robots. After the main quest is finished, it will become a checkpoint for whichever faction was helped during the main quest.
- If the area is cleared and the Nuka-Cola Quantum is collected before speaking to the settlers for The Slog: Greenskins, the Nuka-Cola Quantum will reappear and enemies will respawn.
- Despite having the farm/settlement icon, this location does not have a workshop and therefore cannot become a settlement.
- The Breakheart Banks cave (zUnusedCave) is an unused map.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the building.
|Curie||"Oh. The poor farmers."|
|Deacon||"Damned Super Mutants."|
Breakheart Banks appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
Breakheart Banks is named after the real-life location Breakheart Reservation, which is in the same approximate location in the towns of Saugus and Wakefield.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One When trying to clear out the location for the Brotherhood of Steel side quest, Cleansing the Commonwealth: Breakheart Banks, the quest may become stuck and fail to complete.[verified]
- PC A workaround for this is using the console and inputting setstage BoSR01 40.
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 282: "[2.16] BREAKHEART BANKS
A small family farm on the banks of the Saugus River, with a corn field and melon patch, has fallen to the oversized hands of a Super Mutant gang. Remember to loot the trunk on the top floor of the central shack. Need a drink? Try a Quantum on the small lookout platform to the east."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)