|For an overview of brass knuckles in the Fallout series of games, see brass knuckles.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Developed in antiquity, this weapon is prevalent in the post-War wastelands.
Brass knuckles, or knuckledusters, take the form of four linked metal rings in a shallow convex formation with a bumper attached to the concave face. The rings are slipped over a combatant's fingers with the bumper pressed into the palm of the hand.
When a punch is thrown, the brass knuckles take the majority of the impact impulse, transferring much of the punch's kinetic energy to the target by way of the harder, smaller impacting surface of the metal knuckles. This drastically increases the likelihood of serious tissue disruption and bone damage.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Also known as "knuckle dusters", the brass knuckles allow the player to inflict more damage to their opponent than they would with bare fists by concentrating the power behind each blow into the metal rings.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||72||20||3.6||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||39.6||20||1.98||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The brass knuckles can successfully strike about 995 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Spiked knuckles - a more powerful variant.
- Love and Hate - a unique variant carried by a Viper leader at Bonnie Springs.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Love and Hate||30||75.8||2.53||x1||30||19||3.2||1495||1||750||750||50||3|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Gomorrah - carried by Big Sal and Nero.
- New Vegas Strip - sold by Mister Holdout outside Gomorrah.
- Nevada Highway Patrol station - a 99% Condition set of brass knuckles can be found in the jail cell next to the body of a dead prospector, alongside a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap.
- NCR Correctional Facility-Carried by Scrambler
- Science 75) in the Villa police station. Behind a locked door (
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 For an unknown reason, after holding dynamite and equipping the brass knuckles, the brass knuckles will not appear on your hand, and instead a stick of dynamite will act as the brass knuckles. [verified]