Obtaining[edit | edit source]
In the initial dialogue with Doctor Klein as part of the quest Welcome to the Big Empty, you find out that your brain, heart, and spine have been removed and replaced. This perk represents the replacement of your brain. While you technically have these perks from the start of the add-on, they are unlocked in the course of the conversation.
Effects[edit | edit source]
The head is immune to crippling, +5% to DT (minimum 1) and a +25% resistance to chem addictions.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Big Brained perk, this gives an additional +15% chem addiction resistance at the cost of -5% DT.
- The DT added by this perk and Big Brained does not work correctly. See the Big Brained talk page. A fix for the PC version is available here.
- Synergizes well with the perk Chem Resistant and Old World Gourmet for 72% chem addiction resistance.
- It may seem to synergize poorly with Eye for Eye, as it reduces the total number of limbs that can be crippled. However, the frequent blurred vision is a greater detriment than the effects of other crippled limbs, which can be countered via speed perks or accuracy chems.
- Brainless and Big Brained share the same Vault Boy image.
See also[edit | edit source]