The Boylston Club was a private social club that only admitted the upper crust of society; this included former presidents and vice presidents of the United States, governors and lieutenant governors, senators, Supreme Court justices, the legitimate male heirs of these people, and other esteemed gentlemen nominated by the group and able to afford an annual $500,000 fee. The club's social functions included: "Canadian cigars: Fad or Fashion?," a members-only tasting with Master Tobacconist Richard Glazier on October 5; an "Evening with Lieutenant Governor Graham," a seven-course prix fixe dinner with spirits to follow on October 16; "The Red Menace: Wines of Asia," a monthly tasting with Sommelier Lincoln Thomas on October 21; and finally the Memoriam Gala on October 30.
The Memoriam Gala was a solemn occasion, a final toast to the world that was. The nuclear exchange of the Great War had occurred one week prior to the gala, and instead of trying to overcome the challenges of life afterward, the club's members decided to commit mass suicide.
Fliers for the event were sent to the members, with the gala added to the event calendar on October 24. For members still able to attend, the gala included free food, an open bar, and the final toast at midnight on October 31, 2077. None that made it to the event left.
Upon entering the building, an elevator provides the only access to the main room on the second floor. To the left is a bar, and to the right is a pool table. Walking through the bar leads to a room with an Expert-locked safe on the wall. The safe can be unlocked through the Novice-locked terminal behind the bar.
- A toast - Holotape, can be ejected from the terminal behind the bar.
- Seven bottles of poisoned wine - Scattered around the room. This is the only place in the game where these items can be found.
The Boylston Club appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.475: "[14.06] BOYLSTON CLUB
A ritzy social club for the most discerning of gentlemen, the small, deserted upper interior can be explored and the fate of the club members determined."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Boylston Club terminal entries; Boylston Club terminal, Membership Policy
- Boylston Club terminal entries; Boylston Club Terminal, Events Calendar - October
- A toast
- The skeleton scene includes poisoned wine.