|For an overview of all mines, see land mine.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Bottlecap mines can be constructed by the player character, using the bottlecap mine schematics. Building it requires a lunchbox, 10 caps, a sensor module, and a cherry bomb. Locating additional schematics allows one to build more bottlecap mines at a time. They need to be armed and placed to be used. The bottlecap mine can be planted on an NPC to kill them.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- A single bottlecap mine can be found on nearly every workbench in the game, with a few exceptions. This applies to the purchasable workbench for the Megaton house and Tenpenny Tower suite. In shops and other non-player character-owned locations, taking it will usually be considered stealing.
- Three can be found in the Super-Duper Mart.
- All of the parts can also be found in Pinkerton's room under Rivet City, including a pile of caps.
In the locations below, all bottlecap mines are found on workbenches.
- One in the Talon Company recon camp, on the workbench.
- One in the Anchorage Memorial facility.
- One in Dominic and Machete's house.
- One in Old Olney underground.
- One in the Evergreen Mills bazaar.
- One in the northern shack.
- One in the drainage chamber near Signal Sierra Victor.
- One in Fort Independence's lower level.
- One in Hamilton's hideaway.
- One in Jury St. station's waiting area.
- One in Little Lamplight's Great Chamber.
- One in Craterside Supply.
- One in the Megaton house.
- One in Meresti Metro station.
- One in the National Guard depot and one in the armory.
- One in the Olney sewers.
- One in Paradise Falls' Lock and Load.
- One in Rivet City market, one in the midship deck and one in the Rivet City bow.
- One in Red Racer factory, factory floor.
- One in RobCo facility, factory floor.
- One in SatCom Array NW-05a, up the first stairs.
- One in the abandoned shack near Rockbreaker's Last Gas.
- One in the Taft Tunnels (Jefferson Memorial side in the west room with toxic barrels).
- One in the Tenpenny Tower suite.
- One in the Tepid sewers.
- One in the Underworld concourse.
- One in the Arlington House.
- One in Bethesda offices east.
- One in the utility.
- One in Jocko's Pop & Gas stop.
- One in MDPL-13 power station's substation.
- One in MDPL-16 power station's substation.
- One in MDPL-21 power station's substation.
- One in the VAPL-58 power station substation.
- One in the Jalbert Brothers waste disposal office.
- One in the Greener Pastures disposal site's office.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Cherry bomb (1)
Sensor module (1)
Bottle cap (10)
Bottlecap mine (1 per schematic)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bottlecap mines weigh only one-sixth as much as the sum of their components.
- When a bottlecap mine explodes, one can hear the "jingling" sound of the bottlecaps.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Vault-Tec lunchbox that the mine is made from is identical to the metal lunchbox you receive with the Collector's Edition of Fallout 3.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
Placing the mine