| || This page is about Bottle caps that appear in Fallout: New Vegas. For an overview of bottle caps in the Fallout series of games, see bottle cap.|
For an overview of currency in the Fallout series of games, see currency.
The bottle cap is the main currency used in the Mojave Wasteland when dealing with NPCs. In addition to being found loose, bottle caps can also be acquired from drinking Nuka-Cola or Sunset Sarsaparilla.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle caps - These are the caps off of bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla. In terms of gameplay, these caps are considered a separate item than the original. However, picking up a Sunset Sarsaparilla cap simply adds to the player character's total bottle cap count. These caps can be found across the Mojave Wasteland and can also be obtained by drinking bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla.
- Counterfeit bottle caps - These caps can be found inside the cap counterfeiting shack. These "fake caps" appear identical to standard Nuka-Cola bottle caps, but have no trade value and cannot be used for any monetary purpose.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps - A rare variant of the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle cap, featuring a blue star on the underside of the cap. These caps are part of the quest The Legend of the Star and thus cannot be sold. Once the quest is completed, picking up a Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap will simply add it to the overall bottle cap total.
Found commonly throughout the Mojave Wasteland, including within:
- Camp McCarran terminal building - 122 spread throughout the building.
- Camp McCarran concourse - 105 spread throughout the concourse.
- Bloodborne cave - 7,000-8,000 caps located behind the gate with the Very Hard lock.
- Mining office - In Sloan, there are several caps (usually over 200) inside the two trunks in the upstairs room to the west of the entrance.
- The cap counter on the Pip-Boy only goes up to 999,999. Once this number has been exceeded, it will display 1000000+ caps.
- The world model of the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle cap displays a value of "--" but will still increase the bottle cap count by one when picked up.