The Boston Police rationing site was used by the Boston Police Department to distribute supplies to civilians but was under investigation by the United States Army for ration shortages. The supplies were delivered by NH&M Services via a rail line, which connects to the NH&M Freight Depot a short distance to the east.
The site consists of a yard adjacent to a railroad and a section of a train. There is a small two story warehouse containing shipping crates, a locked steamer trunk, and an entrance to the Mass Pike Tunnel.
The intended way to enter the warehouse is to jump on to the roof via jumping on the shipping containers, blue rail car, walk around to the side and enter through a broken wall on the second floor. It can be also entered by performing a power armor jump next to the barred door, or by throwing explosives, either of which will dislodge the bar and open the door. You can also shoot the bar to dislodge it by jumping and shooting through the window on the opposite side of the building.
Stepping on the ground floor will trigger the spawning of several mole rats, including a brood mother. A temporary office with a terminal can be found on the lot as well. In the utility tunnel, there is a chemistry station and a power armor station.
- Det. McDonnell's holotape - Inside a computer in the caravan west of the warehouse.
- Four Fragmentation grenades can be found in a wooden crate under the desk in the caravan west of the warehouse.
- Fusion core - Just inside the maintenance tunnel.
- Sgt. Reise's holotape next to Sgt. Reise's skeletal remains.
- Det. Perry's holotape and Mass. Pike tunnel password - In the storage room, next to a sitting skeleton.
- Taboo Tattoos issue #1 - On the floor near several cigarette cartons and a first aid kit across from the sitting skeleton in the storage room.
- Mini nuke - In an irradiated room. It's in the hole in the wall on the eastern side of the room.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - Under a bench with 4 teddy bears near the entrance from Mass Pike Tunnel West.
- Nine active fragmentation mines.
- Nine teddy bears in different positions when entering the tunnel from Mass Pike Tunnel West.
- Over 100 pieces of aluminum can be found here, mostly as aluminum cans.
- There is a firefighter protectron that can be activated inside the main building.
- The Boston Police rationing site utility tunnel is one of three entrances to the Mass Pike Tunnel. The other two are Mass Pike Tunnel East and Mass Pike Tunnel West.
The Boston Police rationing site appears only in Fallout 4.