The name belies a rather extensive facility in the southern Cranberry Bog, complete with a wind-powered pump and numerous crafting stations. The operators, including Eli, were supplying Watogan juveniles with moonshine of their own making. However, they eventually stopped delivering to students of Watoga High School, citing concerns with the Protectrons in the city scanning their crates of liquor. Because the students now had to visit the shack directly, they decided to intimidate the bootleggers with baseball bats by smashing up the shack, as payback for the bootleggers' "poor service." Angered by this, Eli decided to make changes to their alcohol batches that would cause the highschoolers great pain - specifically, that it "might just explode in their bellies."
The bootleggers' eventual fate is unknown, though a note pinned outside of the shack basement states that the writer killed "the old man" in his sleep.
This two-story wooden shack sits out in the open, with some makeshift walls along its perimeter. A couple of radioactive barrels sit outside. There are multiple entrances to the first floor of the shack, which has numerous shelves filled with junk items, as well as an armor workbench, a cooking station and a weapons workbench. Upstairs, one can access a balcony where there is a locked refrigerator with a possible syringe of Daddy-O inside.
There is a dip in the ground on the north side of the building. The dip leads to a basement room with concrete walls and a locked (Picklock 3) door. Unlocking it reveals a lower area where the actual bootlegging took place, with a chemistry station, a brewing station along with various equipment to make moonshine, and a locked (Picklock 3) safe in the bathroom.
- Highschoolers - Holotape, on a desk in the basement.
- Watoga High School - Note, on a cart on the first floor, just after entering while facing west.
- Where's the damn key?! - Note, pinned to the wall outside the concrete basement.
- Bootlegger's shack key - Under a pillow on the second floor of the shack. Opens secret basement.
- Power armor chassis - Next to the truck.
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- Inside the locked basement, on a tool wall set.
- In the northwest corner of the ground floor, behind stacked crates on the ground floor, on top of a box.
- Two potential magazines:
- On the roof, on the small table next to the deck chair, on the north side, overlooking the Creekside sundew grove.
- Along the west interior wall of the shack, on a metal desk with the typewriter on it, left of the filing cabinet.
- Potential weapon mod/power armor mod plan - Inside the locked basement, on a crate near the door.
- Potential armor mod - On the right of the brewing station in the basement, on a small desk behind the pot.
- Potential weapon mod - On a cabinet on the second floor, behind a large toolbox, on the right.
- Potential recipe - Inside the shack, underneath the top table cart where the Watoga High School note is found.
The bootlegger's shack appears only in Fallout 76.