A common machine designed for the Boston Public Library to incentivize returning books. For every returned book, the borrower would receive a token, which they could then use to redeem for various items at book return machines.
These vending machines exchange overdue books for book return tokens, which can then be used to purchase a variety of items from the machine. Each machine has an individual stock of items, ranging from random junk to perk magazines.
- Boston Public Library: One is located in the northern corner the balcony overlooking the subway entrance. The other next to the northern wall of the side entrance.
- Suffolk County Charter School
- East Boston Preparatory School
- Natick Police Department - Ground floor
- Kendall Hospital
- Shaw High School
- Quincy police station
- Sandy Coves Convalescent Home
- D.B. Technical High School
- A building next to Revere Beach station