| ||For the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics version, see lock picks.|
A flexible double-pronged hairpin, made of metal or plastic, they were used before the Great War to hold hair in place. After the war, its uses extend to include lockpicking. They can also be sold for one bottlecap each.
- Civilian suitcases seem to be scripted to spawn above-average amounts of bobby pins among their contents. This makes all pre-War locations related to traveling prime targets for salvaging them. Special mention goes to the Boston Airport ruins where dozens, if not hundreds of bobby pins can be found during a single visit.
- In safes or other places where the lock must be picked, they will usually be replenished if 2 or 3 have been broken.
- In the very first house in Concord. It is upstairs by the wallsafe and on the desk right next to it. There is also a bobby pin box on the desk as well.
- Sometimes found in Vault 111 in one of the lockers or the Overseer's desk.
- Sold by most traders such as Trashcan Carla and Trudy.
- Often found in mirrors, especially in Sanctuary Hills and Vault 95.