| ||For the Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics version, see lock picks.|
A flexible double-pronged hairpin, made of metal or plastic, normally used to hold hair in place. It can also be used for lockpicking.
- In merchants' inventories.
- On the dead bodies of feral ghouls, raiders, and other enemies.
- On tables inside intact houses across the Capital Wasteland.
- In first aid boxes.
- In safes or other places where one has to pick the lock. They will usually be replenished if two or three have been broken.
- In some cash registers. There are several cash registers in the subbasement of the National Archives.
- In Amata's room during the quests Escape! and Trouble on the Homefront.
- In ant refuse piles.
- Directly west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas, on top of a large cliff, there's an abandoned shack. Inside the shack, there are approximately 14-20 bobby pins on the bedside table near the Average locked ammunition box.
- Lying next to corpses/skeletons (they look like match-stick boxes).
- Inside Evergreen Mills foundry, there are several dressers, each containing three bobby pins, along with various bottles of alcohol.
- Calvert Mansion at least ten bobby pins can be found in wardrobes around the house. In
- supply plant of the steelyard there is an Average locked door with six steel ingots inside. In front of the door, there are multiple packs of bobby pins. In the
- trogs around the Pitt steelyard. On the bodies of
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Sold by Blake, who is located in front of the Crimson Caravan main office.
- Sold at Miguel's Pawn Shop in Westside.
- Sold by Old Lady Gibson at the Gibson scrap yard.
- Located beside the Gun Runners, there is a small group of houses where two bobby pins are stashed in each mailbox.
- Inside the Vault 22 living quarters, in the dressers.
- On the dead bodies of feral ghouls and other enemies.
- In some first aid boxes and cash registers.
- On some shelves inside closets. They are hard to spot but most shelves have one or two.
- Vault 3 has a large abundance of them in most first aid boxes and in the recreation area.
- Inside the Goodsprings schoolhouse, on a shelf.
- In Nipton Hall, a box of ten can be found on a shelf in the mayor's office.
- Ten total on the shelf inside and behind the counter of the Dino Bite gift shop.
- At least three at Camp Golf, in one of the bedrooms of the House Resort, on top of a dresser.
- To avoid losing a bobby pin that is about to break, the lockpick attempt can be stopped and returned to immediately thereafter. The bobby pin will be as good as new, but the lock will also be reset, meaning the same solution likely won't work.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, bobby pins are harder to snap because extra HP is added to the base health of the pin based on the player character's Lockpick skill.