|For a cross-game overview of this perk, see Bloody Mess (perk).|
For the trait, see Bloody Mess (trait).
“With the Bloody Mess perk, characters and creatures you kill will often explode into a red, gut-ridden, eyeball-strewn paste. Fun! Oh, and you'll do 5% more damage with all weapons.”— Perk description
- The perk increases the chance of dismemberment, regardless of the hit location.
- This renders the quest You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head more difficult, since head shots may not count due to other limbs being dismembered.
- It is unknown whether the damage increase is applied before or after damage threshold is applied.
- Killing multiple enemies on top of one another with this perk can make it difficult to loot them all, as it can be hard to locate a fragment belonging to a particular enemy amongst those of the others.
- If body parts from dismembered enemies are picked up, their physical weight will sometimes be extremely heavy. This is due to how the engine handles ragdoll physics, and will only happen to enemies who have their weapons equipped. Dropped weapons are also sometimes kept equipped in the dead actor's inventory, as indicated by the interface. Certain armors may also affect the weight of a body part.
- In the German version, which is free of all blood and physical sundering, there is no change in the battle and death animations.