Known for the red-hued sandstone rocks flanking it, the cave lies in a sandstone range similar to Red Rock Canyon, and has many dangerous packs of wildlife surrounding the entrance. A large number of night stalkers and the legendary night stalker reside in the cave. It has a single interior section.
There is a campfire near the entrance of the cave down the left path. Here the Courier can find a key. This key opens a Very Hard locked gate further along on the north side of the cave. Behind the locked door lies a significant amount of loot.
Right beyond the gate is an easy-to-miss trip wire which triggers three grenade bouquets. This trap can be deadly, as the grenades drop in a tight corridor. Past the campfire are several skeletons, often accompanied by loot including weapons and ammunition. The mushrooms on the ground may conceal the loot. Past the locked gate, the Courier will find the legendary night stalker.
- There are an amount of caps (several thousand) along with four $100 NCR, 15 $20 NCR, 64 $5 NCR dollars, five Legion Denarius and two Legion Aureus in an Average locked trunk which is behind a Very Hard locked gate. The cap amount varies and is influenced by level and the Fortune Finder perk. A tripwire is located behind the gate, setting off rigged explosives.
- A 12.7mm SMG in poor condition can be found behind the same Very Hard locked gate.
- Key - On one of the campfire's cinder blocks. This key will unlock the aforementioned Very Hard locked gate, however, it won't unlock the trunk.
- Pile of night stalker eggs - Quest item for Bleed Me Dry.
After three days, if the legendary night stalker is killed, up to 13 other night stalkers will re-spawn (3 x 100% chance, 6 x 75% chance, 4 x 50% chance, first random encounter). After another four days, if three night stalkers are killed (those having 100% chance of re-spawning), six cazadores will spawn (100% chance, second and last random encounter).
The bloodborne cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- PC Playstation 3 After killing the legendary night stalker the Courier might be immediately teleported at the entrance of the cave.[verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Sometimes whenever a weapon is picked up it may not appear in your inventory until the Courier leaves the area.[verified]