Known for the red-hued sandstone rocks flanking it, the cave lies in a sandstone range similar to Red Rock Canyon, and has many dangerous packs of wildlife surrounding the entrance. A large number of night stalkers, including the legendary night stalker, reside in the cave. It has a single interior section.
There is a campfire near the end of the cave, in the room with the legendary night stalker. Here the Courier can find a key. This key opens a Very Hard locked gate on the north side of the cave. Behind the locked door lies a significant amount of loot. Right beyond the gate is an easy-to-miss trip wire which triggers three grenade bouquets. This trap can be deadly, as the grenades drop in a tight corridor.
- There are an amount of caps (several thousand) along with four $100 NCR, 15 $20 NCR, 64 $5 NCR dollars, five Legion Denarius and two Legion Aureus in an Average locked trunk which is behind a Very Hard locked gate. The cap amount varies and is influenced by level and the Fortune Finder perk. A tripwire is located behind the gate, setting off rigged explosives.
- A 12.7mm SMG in poor condition can be found behind the same Very Hard locked gate.
- Key - On one of the campfire's cinder blocks. This key will unlock the aforementioned Very Hard locked gate, however, it won't unlock the trunk.
- Pile of night stalker eggs - Quest item for Bleed Me Dry.
After three days, if the legendary night stalker is killed, up to 13 other night stalkers will re-spawn (3 x 100% chance, 6 x 75% chance, 4 x 50% chance, first random encounter). After another four days, if three night stalkers are killed (those having 100% chance of re-spawning), six cazadores will spawn (100% chance, second and last random encounter).
The bloodborne cave appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- After killing the legendary night stalker the Courier might be immediately teleported at the entrance of the cave.[verified]
- Sometimes, whenever a weapon is picked up, it may not appear in the player's inventory until they leaves the area.[verified]