Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After the completion of Who Dares Wins, if the Lone Wanderer did not destroy the Citadel, Paladin Tristan asks the player character to kill super mutants and bring back super mutant blood samples so the Brotherhood can research a weapon that could destroy super mutants with ease. These samples can be found on any super mutant killed by the player character, much like ears and fingers on corpses, and can be exchanged with Paladin Tristan in the Citadel's A ring for caps and XP.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is one of the most effective ways to gain XP and caps.
- Unlike the ears and fingers found on corpses through perks, super mutants killed by any means after this quest starts will have blood samples on their corpses.
- Within D.C. proper, areas that are highly populated with super mutants are The Mall, and the area between Bailey's Crossroads and the Outcast outpost. Outside the D.C area, Roosevelt Academy, Mason Dixon Salvage, and Vault 87.
- Starting this quest before the Reilly's Rangers quest can be highly profitable due to the high number of super mutants encountered.
- Fawkes does not yield a blood sample.
- The super mutant behemoths do not produce blood samples.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 Occasionally, Tristan's dialogue for exchanging the blood samples for caps will go normally, but neither blood samples nor caps will be transferred. This can be solved by not speeding through Tristan's dialogue during the actual transaction. [verified]
References[edit | edit source]