|This page lists news items related to Fallout 4.|
News in this categoryEdit
We've received the following press release from Bethesda.Read more >
The 1.3 update for Fallout 4 is available as an automatic download for all PC users on Steam and will be available later this week on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
The update has several new features – including PC-specific enhancements like our new ambient occlusion setting (HBAO+) – as well as new fixes for gameplay, quests, and Workshop Mode.
- New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+ (PC)
- New weapon debris effects (PC NVIDIA cards)
- Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
- Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
- Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Improved performance when looking through a scope
- Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
- Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
- Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
- Big Leagues perk now …
Read more >
Today, Bethesda posted a blog that both thanks players for their response to Fallout 4 and attempts to explain the volume of bugs people have been experiencing. From the post:
It's true that the freedom our games offer you can lead to unintentional consequences that are sometimes bad, when the game combines too many unexpected elements at once. Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work, especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we're happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we'd like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development. But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we're hard at work addressing the top issues.
They also announced their process for improving the play experience. First, they will release a beta patch on steam, followed by a full release on PC, and finally a release on PS4 and Xbox One. This is the …
Read more >
Scribe NukaTurtle and myself have recieved our Pip Boy and are begining to explor the wasteland.
Here's the Pip Boy for those of you unable to obtain one... Agent c (talk) 14:50, November 10, 2015 (UTC)Read more >
I'll stick these in the news blog when foxy and I get around to doing it but I and NukaTurtle had our Fallout 4 Lootcrate arrive this afternoon...
Eagle eyed spotters will notice on the right hand side, it says that this bobble head is good for 1 Attribute boost, or 10 skill points.... But Fallout 4 doesn't have skill points...
...And no, it can't be a leftover box from Fallout 3 or New Vegas as the vault number on the other side of the box is clearly 111.
Was the absence of skills a late decision, or was it even guarded from the marketing team? Or am I overreading a simple error? Agent c (talk) 17:52, November 6, 2015 (UTC)Read more >
And so the excitement builds up! Only five days to go and the world around us will stop for some time. For Fallout fans anyway.
Today released another small trailer, the official launch trailer. Enjoy it all here:Read more >
Read more >
We have recieved the following communique from Bethesda:
Fallout 4 Lootcrates are available again:
Its $100US $130 with international shipping.
They already ran out once before, so you better get in quick. I got mine, have you got yours? Agent c (talk) 20:45, October 9, 2015 (UTC)Read more >
In case you've missed the news, major Fallout 4 details are being shown at QuakeCon today! The Nukapedia team would like to feature some highlights here (to be updated as we go). We welcome plenty of discussion on this blog post. Special thanks to Sarkhan the Sojourner for compiling the notes.
1. We have a confirmed location - a in the museum.
2. Codsworth (a Mr. Handy that serves as a companion) is shown addressing the player character as anything from "Shaun" to "Fuckface."
3. The head level designer for FO4, River, has a dog that was used to create the model for Dogmeat in Fallout 4.
4. The Sole Survivor is shown shooting a minigun from an airship's side. Now we know aerial combat is not limited to the classic Vertibirds.
5. It is confirmed that Preston Garvey may serve as a possible permanent companion, should he be accepted by the player.
6. An NPC named Piper can be found at Diamond City as an alternative to Preston. By default, she is seen wearing a red, leather jacket and a newsboy ha…Read more >
Join us from 6pm PST for all of the info on What Bethesda has coming up - Dishonoured 2, Doom 4, Warcry, Fallout and more...Read more >