Able to do melee attacks from a distance in V.A.T.S.
|1||AGI 9||Find the gap and make the tackle! V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.||001D2451|
|2||AGI 9, LVL 29||V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased even more, and the farther the Blitz distance, the greater the damage.||001D2452|
Blitz lets the player target an enemy in V.A.T.S for a melee attack from a further distance. The player must be able to reach the enemy by walking, so an enemy on an inaccessible balcony cannot be targeted, even if looks like they are in Blitz range. This also applies to the player, so jumping onto a platform/barrel/container will not allow you to Blitz from that position.
The second rank of Blitz calculates its extra damage based on the distance it would take to reach them. If the walking distance is large enough then the full 25% extra damage will be applied.
- Rank one of Blitz increases the distance that one can target an opponent in V.A.T.S. to double the amount.
- Rank Two increases the range to triple the amount and grants the player character a total of 25% damage based on the distance traveled.
- This perk may allow the player character to kill super mutant suiciders with melee weapons before their mini nuke detonates.
- Targeting multiple people in V.A.T.S. will calculate each of the distances for Blitz damage before attacking, meaning a group of three enemies close to each other but at max Blitz distance will all take the maximum damage if they are targeted in consecutive V.A.T.S. attacks.
- Because this perk allows the player character to "teleport" to their enemy this may prevent quest markers at entrances to trigger. An example of this is the final room in Vault 95. If Blitz is used from outside the room to kill the enemies in the room, the sequence as part of the last step in Benign Intervention will not trigger and Cait will not be able to get into the clean room. In order for the quest to proceed the player character must manually walk out and back into the room.
There is a bug where the player will execute a Blitz attack, but stay in their initial position. This seems to be caused by being behind waist-high objects when using V.A.T.S. on an enemy.[verified]