Before the Great War, Foreman Mitchell Hibbs oversaw an increase in uranium yields at this federal uranium site, with Hibbs attributing the success to the addition of extractor machines. However, the efficiency of the automation caused many of the workers to slack off, resulting in orders to lay off 30 men. Eventually, Hibbs himself was replaced with the Blackwater auto-foreman, leaving an angry message on a terminal as a warning to any future human employees.
Between 2077 and 2102, it served as the headquarters of the Blackwater Bandits and their leader Freddie Lang. Sometime before Reclamation Day, much of the gang had either been wiped out or turned into feral ghouls after a member accidentally set off a radiation leak while messing with one of the machines in a drunken state. Freddie was turned into a glowing one and the gang was never heard from again. Since then, the mine and its immediate surroundings have been heavily occupied by mole miners.
Blackwater Mine is to the east of the Whitespring Resort. There are several buildings in the northern part of the mine, and the mine itself is accessed through a large building to the south.
- Blackwater Mine: Orientation and Freddie Lang's holotape - In the first room on the left after entering the mine.
- Blackwater Mine: Innovations - In a room near Freddie Lang at the back of the mine, next to a terminal and some lab equipment.
- Power armor chassis with raider power armor pieces at a power armor station in the building on the right as you approach the mine entrance.
- Vault-Tec bobblehead:
- Outside, on top of the entrance dome, sitting on the middle pillar.
- Random power armor mod - Outside, on a locker shelf, in the same area as the power armor chassis.
- Random weapon mod - Outside, on the ground, facing the north exterior (or interior) wall of the power armor chassis spawn.
- Random armor plan - On a barrel to the left of an armor workbench outside of the entrance.
Blackwater Mine appears only in Fallout 76.