The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Range in the info box is the crafted version, rifles dropped in-world can have range 204 (e.g. Philippi Battlefield Cemetery)
The black powder rifle is a percussion cap muzzleloader that makes use of .50 caliber balls as ammunition. The black powder rifle has a unique reloading animation that involves the player character using a ramrod to push a lead ball down the rifle's barrel.
The player character cannot craft modifications for this weapon, although rarely a bayonet mod can be purchased from robot vendors.
- The Dragon, a unique four-barrel version.
- The black powder rifle may be obtained at the Philippi Battlefield Cemetery inside the museum in a display case along with other weapons and outfits.
- One can be found at the civil war fort, Prickett's Fort, in a display case in one of the cabins near the parking lot
- There is one at the Garrahan Estate on the second floor of the upper levels, behind a locked display case (level 1 lock).
- There is one at the Harper's Ferry on the east side in a small building. On the left as you travel from the fast travel location to the vendor.
- Plans/note can be bought from Flintlock, the black powder vendor inside The Whitespring Resort.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.