|For the Fallout: New Vegas location, see Black Mountain.|
This remote storage and disposal facility was operated by Cole & Parker Holdings Ltd., which leased secure, shielded domes to a variety of parties. Before the Great War, its two major clients were Greene Custom Defense Systems (at least one dome) and Nuka-Cola Corporation (at least two domes). Its earlier function was the manufacture of high explosives for the United States military and for this reason, it was folded under the command of the Department of Defense's Reclamation and Renovation branch. It appears, though, that the facility suffered a catastrophic fate before the war, with its acid vats exploding, rendering it useless for the war effort.
This location consists of a fenced-off area containing a building with an industrial area to its east. The building consists of a single room containing desks and file cabinets. There is a Picklock 3 safe in the floor beneath the desks which can be unlocked using the terminal on the desk. A skeleton of a dead soldier holding an army helmet lies in the corner of the building beside a toolbox. The industrial area is full of radioactive barrels, pools of toxic water and broken machinery.
TNT Dome #2 is southeast of this location, up the hill a bit from the inaccessible Dome 5. To find the key, one must first collect the Rusted Key from an open safe in a destroyed house in the Toxic Valley southeast of Graninger farm, where an Alien blaster can also be found. The key unlocks the room on top of Freddy Fear's House of Scares, where a holotape can be found. This is taken to the Shadowbreeze Apartments to acquire an access code for the terminal in the bedroom of the northern-most house at the Pleasant Valley cabins, usually guarded by two Scorched and three automated machinegun turrets that can be deactivated through the terminal. Using the access code grants a random one-time number code to use on the keypad to unlock the safe underneath the house in the cliff wall to acquire the key to the dome.
TNT Dome #3 is northeast of the office building. Follow the road, East 88, until it curves right and starts up a hill. Just before the curve, there is a rock pile on the left side of the road. The door to Dome #3 is on the left side of the rock pile. This is the Nuka-Cola collector's dome, and the key to the door is available after following a trail of clues and other keys:
Look for a corpse by Pylon V-13, on the ground near the entrance scaffolding, next to a stump. The duffel bag next to it contains a toolbox key, which leads to a toolbox on the Watoga shoreline, east from the Shopping Plaza, by the body of a woman on the sandstone formations. The key there leads to a dog house in Sutton, north of Red Rocket, which contains a key to a locker in the Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant. The locker is located behind the counter in the testing sign-in/interview area, which is accessed through a Level 1 locked door and guarded by a pair of feral ghouls. The key leads to Dome 3 at Black Mountain Ordnance Works. The plans for the power armor paint will spawn on top of the cart but are not instanced. Player characters only get one per server. One will have to log on to another server to see if the plans have been collected already by another player or are still there.
TNT Dome #7 is on the far side (east-northeast) of the first rock formation just to the northeast of the fast travel arrival point. In patch 22.214.171.124, it was made accessible by performing a key scavenger hunt for two paired key cards at Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant and Tanagra Town, with the one at Tanagra Town requiring some ingenuity to reach due to being on a very difficult to access ledge in the ruined house on top of the growth of vines, the Nuka Cola marketing access code from the crashed plane site further south in The Mire, generating a one-time use code from Ingram Mansion, now guarded by Cult of the Mothman members, then traveling to Overlook cabin to uncover two secret doors to get TNT dome key 7. The other TNT domes are scattered around the area and are inaccessible.
- TNT Dome #2 - Requires a key in a hidden wall safe in the cliffside underneath the large, northernmost house at Pleasant Valley cabins. The wall safe can be opened by using a one-time generated password given by a terminal in the house above the hidden wall safe, which in turn requires the M. Greene access code to obtain, which in turn requires the stolen terminal passcode to obtain, which in turn requires the rusted key to obtain.
- Alien blaster rounds - There are three rounds on the table, and some in the metal box under the table. See the alien blaster round page for the key.
- Plan: Alien blaster fusion mag to convert the alien blaster weapon to use fusion cells instead of alien blaster rounds.
- Three hazmat suits.
- Initial analysis - Note, on the table near the skeleton.
- TNT Dome #3 - Requires a key in a locker on the floor at the end of the hall in "Snackability Research and Development" in the Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant. The locker can be opened by using the Nuka-Cola locker key, which in turn requires the key to Clara's box to obtain, which in turn requires the toolbox key to obtain.
- Plan: T-51 power armor Nuka-Cola paint - This paint is bright red and white with "Nuka-Cola" emblazoned on the chest and pin-up pictures on the legs.
- Two spawns for a random variant of several Nuka-World outfits, including:
- TNT Dome #7 - Requires a key located at the overlook cabin, which itself requires a generated password and two paired keys: one on top of Tanagra Town, under a tri-fold flag on the second floor of a ruined house on a hard-to-reach ledge, and one in a bathroom stall at the Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant. The generated password is located at Ingram Mansion and requires a Nuka Cola marketing access code located underneath the crashed plane on a suitcase.
Black Mountain Ordnance Works appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
The Black Mountain Ordnance Works may be based on the West Virginia Ordnance Works, an ammunition manufacturing plant spanning 2,000 acres that operated during World War II. It was also at this location that the first known sighting of the "Mothman" occurred in November 1966.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
TNT Dome #3
TNT Dome #7
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 299: "BLACK MOUNTAIN ORDNANCE WORKS
Improper disposal of irradiated waste ensures you may become sick if you spend too long at this ruined works area. The terminal in the security hut informs you of eight various domes built into the wooded hills to the south and north of this location. Accessing them yields various chambers, some with more junk items than others (some of the listed item examples come from sealed domes). One is even said to feature a variety of Nuka-Cola products from a private collector!"
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)
- Black Mountain Ordnance Works terminal entries