|For the mentioned-only character, see Billy (Fallout 4).|
Billy lived with his parents, Carol and Matt Peabody, in Quincy before the Great War. When the war struck, Billy was away from his home. He heard the warning sirens and when the nuclear impacts started, he opted to close himself in a nearby fridge to hide from the bombs. He survived, but he became trapped because the fridge's locking mechanism did not have an interior handle. The fridge in which Billy has been trapped for two hundred and ten years is found near a bombed-out house along the road between Neponset Park and University Point.
Before the war, Billy used to collect baseball cards. He also likes dogs, and will comment happily if Dogmeat is a companion of the Sole Survivor. He will also mention his pre-War friend Cindy, who lived near him in Quincy.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
Kid in a Fridge: The Sole Survivor can free Billy and help him return home to his ghoul parents, who have not known of his survival for 210 years. During the journey, the Sole Survivor will be approached by a slave dealer named Bullet, where they will be given the option to sell Billy into slavery.
|Street urchin rags|
- Billy has a different reaction depending on whether he is released from the fridge during daytime or nighttime.
- Bullet, to whom Billy can be sold, remarks that ghouls do not need to eat and are immune to aging.
- If the Sole Survivor gets into a fight with hostile enemies and Billy is near, he will crouch in cover and stay away until there are no more enemies that detect the player character.
- The robots at Easy City Downs will try to attack Billy even when their combat inhibitors have been disabled and targeting parameters overridden. If the Sole Survivor leaves the location, eventually Billy will rejoin them.
- Although Billy has no hair, he has been allocated a hair color of light red in the Creation Kit.
- If the Sole Survivor has Cait as their companion, and offers to escort Billy home, she will complain about having to watch over him.
- "Cindy's dad always told her to stay away from old refrigerators. Told her they were dangerous. Boy was he right."
- "That highway is totally wrecked."
- "Whoa, it's night time and it's still kinda bright! It was always pitch black in the fridge."
- "You son of a bitch! You can't do this! Don't leave me here!"
Billy Peabody appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
- The Sole Survivor: "Where did you live?"
Billy: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "So what's the story with you and that fridge?"
Billy: " "
- The Sole Survivor: "I suppose it won't hurt to see your old home. Whatever's left of it."
Billy: " "
- Billy: "
([[Billy.txt|Billy's dialogue) "
- Billy: "
(Billy's dialogue) "
- Bullet: "Ghouls are immune to radiation, don't age, and don't need to eat."
- Sole Survivor: "Then let's go find your home."
Cait: "Great, now we have to watch this little brat?"
- Bethesda_DE: Interview with Jeff Gardiner and Emil Pagliarulo at Gamescom 2020 (reference starts at 00:47:53):
Emil Pagliarulo: "The Kid in the Fridge, that's Fallout 4."
Alina Ullrich: "Yeah, yeah, I love that one."
Emil Pagliarulo: "Speaking of easter eggs, that's my son doing the voice of that kid."