Billy Knight is a longtime professional comedian who has clearly fallen on hard times. His act is made up of sardonic one-liners and observations about life and various personalities in New Vegas. It is implied that he was once a well-known comic, but his desperation causes him to sharply question his worth to a club.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Talent Pool: The player character needs to recruit a comedian. Billy is a prime choice to perform his act for the patrons of Tommy Torini's Aces Theater, located in the Tops casino.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- Billy is desperate for the work, and offers to perform for as low as 10 caps a night; however, with a 25 Barter skill, he can be convinced to persuade Torini of his true worth as an act.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- If recruited for Torini, Billy performs his act at the Aces nightly between 4:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M.
- If you listen to all of his jokes, he will make a crack about being served human meat at the Ultra-Luxe, foreshadowing a quest with them. The joke is somewhat similar to the cannibalism joke that the robot butlers tell in Fallout 3.
- The Tops sign bills him as the "King of Zing!"
- During the course of his routine, Billy will make a joke about Tops owner Benny paying his salary. Billy will make this joke even if Benny is dead or has fled the Strip while other non-player characters in the theater are talking about the mobster's recent disgrace.
- Billy may also make a joke about Benny paying his salary even if he is still working on the street.
List of jokesEdit
- "I had dinner at the Ultra-Luxe the other night. I told them my steak tasted funny. They said it was a clown. I ate a person!"
- "Hey, what about that suit Benny wears? If I had a suit like that, the ladies would be all over me. What, you expect a punchline? The guy pays my salary! It's true!"
- "It's hard to sleep in this place, I tell ya; this girl was pounding on my door all night, finally I had to let her out."
- "I've been in love with the same woman for 17 years. If my wife ever finds out, she'll kill me, No!"
- "A ghoul goes into a doctor and says, 'Doctor, doctor I have this horrible rash!', The doctor says 'Son, that's called your face!" Ding dong!
- "It's great to be here at the Tops, folks. The room I'm in has a lovely little closet. A nail."
- "I take my wife everywhere, but somehow she keeps finding her way back."
- "I try to be frank and earnest with women. In New Reno, I'm Frank and in the Boneyard I'm Ernest. Oh no!"
- "I've been married for 17 years. Where did I go wrong? Oh!"
- "So I hear Mr. House runs the Strip. He took it over from the last guy, Mr. Mob-Infested Hellhole (did he just say that)."
- "I love these robots with the friendly little policeman's faces. Sure, they still rough you up, but they look so happy!"
- "My wife and I know the secret to a happy marriage. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant. She goes Mondays, I go Fridays."
- "People say it's hard to survive the Wasteland - hey, how hard can it be, the water glows in the dark (and it burns)!"
- "My hotel room is so small, when I put the key in the lock, I broke the window!"
- "I hear James Garret drove 5,000 head of Brahmin to New Reno. No bodies, just the heads."
- "I bought my wife a little car here in New Vegas. An Omerta. It has a hood under the hood. Ay-ay-ay!"
- "I know a guy, his motto is Love Thy Neighbor. He lives next to a brothel."
- "They really care about your privacy here at the Tops. Even room service has an unlisted number! What!"
- "I told my wife she's good-looking for a ghoul. It's just too bad she's not a ghoul. Ay-ay-ay!"
- "My cousin and his wife are a fastidious couple. She's fast and he's hideous. Ha-cha-cha!"
- "So I hear Mr. House runs the Strip. He took it over from the last guy, Mr. Mob-Infested Hellhole. (Did he just say that?)"
- "If you believe my mother, since she first laid eyes on me. First thing she said was "Boy! That's a funny-looking kid!""
- "Woof! If you're not the most sarcastic dame I ever met, your standards are so low they could use you at the Annual Gomorrah Saucy Limbo Competition. As the bar!"
Billy Knight appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.