Bill is 54 years old and has been a slave for most of his life. His decision to escape from his master came after accidentally killing their daughter. Within hours of the incident, Hannibal Hamlin found him, which saved Bill from being recaptured or falling prey to the wasteland's dangers.
Bill has little combat skills and has no military training. He's been relegated to cooking and cleaning due to this fact, although his culinary skills are awful at best. His other principal job is to take care of the brahmin and the dog, Four Score. Bill has spent his whole life afraid and subservient and although he is free now, those habits are hard to break.[Non-canon 2][clarification needed]
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear upon death (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
- Head of State: Bill Seward is one of the slaves the player can either help relocate to Lincoln Memorial or lead back into slavery.
|Wasteland settler outfit
|Chinese assault rifle*||Temple of the Union key|
- * Only after completing Head of State, and siding with the slaves.
- "One day I killed the master's little girl. It was an accident, I swear!"
- "Oh, ma'am, this place is heaven. Just a little bit of heaven here in the wasteland. Any slave makes it here, he's free. Just like that. And, Mister Hannibal, he's got a plan. A plan for heaven to be everywhere, not just here."
- "Here you go you stupid cow. Don't eat it all at once."
Bill Seward appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.43: "Slaves (Abolitionists)
Slaves are not so much a faction as a collections of victims. No one is safe from slavery in the Wasteland. If you are weak or venerable, you may be taken as a slave.
There is a band of abolitionist slaves deep in the Wasteland. They are all escaped slaves, seeking to end slavery for all time. You can learn more about them in Miscellaneous Quest: Head of State."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide faction profiles)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide