Old Bill Ronte is a skilled machinist who installed and maintained a water pump in Freeside before becoming addicted to Dixon's whiskey.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- If Bill dies during High Times the quest can still be completed for partial XP, but Tapper will continue to charge for water at Freeside's water pump afterward. If both Bill and Jacob Hoff die during High Times, the Courier will gain infamy with the Followers when the quest is turned in. This can sometimes happen accidentally if caught in the crossfire by Freeside thugs.
- After helping Bill shake the addiction, the Courier can talk to Tapper and use the Freeside water pump for free.
- When entering the Atomic Wrangler in the company of Arcade Gannon, Bill Ronte appears to slur "Howdy Arcade," although this does not appear to lead to any new dialogue options.
- "Julie? Ah, I love Julie. She's such a nice lady. One time, I was working on the water pump and she came over, put her hand on my shoulder, and told me I was doing a great job. Great job she says! I just choked up and didn't say nothing. Compliments are so rare these days."
- "What the hell? Why? I need alcohol, man! I'm gonna die if I don't get a drink!"
- "Sissy?! Real men can hold their liquor, and I'm double-clutching mine!"
Bill Ronte appears only in Fallout: New Vegas
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When the player character talks to him, his response will be: "..." [verified]