“Swing for the fences! If you design a bludgeoning or bladed method of bringing an end to your foes, this is the perk to take. Though difficult to battle against multiple enemies in the same space, close combat is much more impressive when your damage is increased. Check the Weapons chapter for more information on available melee weapons.”— Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide description
|1||STR 2||Swing for the fences! Do 20% more melee weapon damage.||0004a0b5|
|2||STR 2, LVL 7||You now do 40% more melee weapon damage and gain a chance to disarm your opponent.||000e36fc|
|3||STR 2, LVL 15||You now do 60% more melee weapon damage and gain an increased chance to disarm your opponent.||000e36fd|
|4||STR 2, LVL 27||You now do 80% more melee weapon damage and hit all targets in front of you.||000e36fe|
|5||STR 2, LVL 42||You now do double damage with a melee weapon, and gain a chance to cripple your opponent, or grand slam their head clean off!||00065e05|
- Upon getting a "grand slam" with the perk level at 5 a small animation appears and a short round of applause can be heard.
- The chance to cripple with rank 5 of the perk is roughly 20% per swing.
- On the 4th rank of the perk, your melee attacks do damage to everything in front of you, that means also neutral units that are around your target, rendering the melee attacks dangerous to the Sole Survivor as it can turn neutral or friendlies against the player.
- Rank 4 of this perk can make it impossible to save Kent while using melee weapons in the Silver Shroud quest. Sinjin stands close enough to Kent that Big Leagues 4 will also kill Kent.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name "Big Leagues" may refer to the Fallout 3 perk "Little Leaguer", showing the contrast between Diamond City's full size baseball field and Vault 101's cramped field due to its space limitations
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Rank 5 of the perk may neither calculate nor grant the bonus correctly.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One With rank 5 of the perk, additional damage may be correctly applied, but melee weapons show their base damage.[verified]
- This bug is fixed by patch 1.3.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.