Convince your brain to return to your body or convince it to come back to the Sink while you deal with the Think Tank and after the completion of the add-on, you have or you can have your brain reinserted into your body. This perk replaces Brainless.
Your head cannot be crippled, you gain +10% Damage Threshold (minimum +1) and +10% resistance to chem addictions.
- Compared to the Brainless perk, you gain an additional +5% Damage Threshold at the cost of -15% chem addiction resistance.
- Synergizes well with the perk Chem Resistant and Old World Gourmet for 66.25% chem addiction resistance.
- It may seem to synergize poorly with Eye for Eye, as it reduces the total number of limbs that can be crippled. However, the frequent blurred vision is a greater detriment than the effects of other crippled limbs, which can be countered via speed perks or accuracy chems.
- Big Brained shares the same Vault boy image as Brainless.
- Damage Threshold shown in the game is incorrect. The perk will add a permanent bonus of +1 to your DT no matter what, and then multiply that value by 1.1, rounded. For example, if your character has both ranks of Toughness, the Sub-Dermal Implant, Reinforced Spine, and this perk, it will lead to a naked DT of 14. ((3+4+2+1) * 1.1 = 14) [verified]
The description listed on this perk pertaining to
- Because of these errors in the maths for the Brain perks, especially when compounded with rounding, both perks may result in the same bonus even for high values (30+) of DT, causing this perk to be unequivocally inferior to Brainless.
- In addition to the bug mentioned above, you may never gain the rounded 10% if you are "naked" or wear body armor with 1-2 DT, any headwear is excluded. But if you're wearing body armor with 3 or more DT, you will actually lose the permanent +1 DT and only gain the 10%. [verified]