Big Bend Tunnel West was a pre-War entrance to the Big Bend Tunnel in Appalachia. The tunnel cuts through the Savage Divide, from the Ash Heap to the Cranberry Bog. After the war, many survivors took shelter in the tunnels. The area was raider held for a time, with them catching settlers as they attempted to use the tunnel. Big Bend Tunnel West was also the staging ground for the Fire Breathers' final mission.
In 2103, the Blue Ridge Caravan Company established an outpost in the location, as they used the tunnel to send merchant caravans from one side of Appalachia to the other, crossing under the Savage Divide.
A rail line runs west to east through a former raider camp. The entrance of the camp has a raised battlement on both sides, the left-handed one is fortified with an automated turret. North of the turret is a series of raised battlements and walls encompassing the area.
East of the entrance is a raised single-story wooded shack. Inside the shack are beds, a sleeping bag, and a tinker's workbench, along with various containers. Under the shack is an armor workbench and there is cooking station to the northeast.
- Allemane's code - Note, on Sgt. Allemane's corpse, near a blue overturned freight car outside the defenses of the Blue Ridge Caravan Company camp.
- Potential magazine - On a chaise, inside the main wooden structure above the tunnel's entrance, on the right.
- Potential armor plan - On a desk, to the right of a terminal.
- Stealth Boy - On a metal shelf, on the second row, near the tinker's workbench.
- Potential recipe - On a barrel, to the right of the central gate.
Big Bend Tunnel West appears only in Fallout 76.