Background[edit | edit source]
Big Bend Tunnel East was a pre-War entrance to the Big Bend Tunnel in Appalachia. After the war, many survivors took shelter in the tunnels. When the Brotherhood of Steel was established in Appalachia, they set up a base at the eastern entrance to the tunnel, under the command of Knight Melissa Reische. They attempted to assist survivors but were ultimately pushed back by the Scorched. Big Bend Tunnel East was also part of the Fire Breathers' final mission, and the corpse of Sgt. Holstein remains as a testament to their efforts.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Big Bend Tunnel East is located near Watoga in the Cranberry Bog. The entrance is a small Brotherhood of Steel outpost infested by the Scorched. The Scorched can also be found deeper in the tunnels. Vinny Costa, who can be found standing around near the crafting benches, can be spoken to in order to start the event quest Riding Shotgun.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Thom and Molly - Note, on the table next to Knight Reische's terminal.
- Holstein's code - Note, on the corpse of Sgt. Holstein, in the first train cars just outside the defenses of the Blue Ridge Caravan Company.
- Dear Uncle K. - Note, underneath a bed inside the large tent.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - At a power armor station in a Brotherhood compound outside the tunnel.
- T-45 right leg - Between the power armor station and the wooden box with a potential power armor mod plan, on the ground.
- Potential power armor mod plan - Near the power armor chassis, on (or submerged in) a wooden box to the left.
- Potential armor mod plan - On the metal shelf facing the armor workbench.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Big Bend Tunnel East appears only in Fallout 76.