Background[edit | edit source]
Once a struggling tattoo parlor operated by "Big Al" or Alice Loveless, an award-winning tattoo artist, the shop was on the verge of closing up when the president of Vault-Tec University's Eta Psi fraternity, Judy Lowell, made Al a highly lucrative offer. In return for access to the cellar, a ten-year lease, and turning a blind eye, she provided Al with enough income to never work again. She immediately took off to Tahiti for a well-deserved break, leaving her team in charge of the shop, while Lowell turned the cellar into the Nukashine, a speakeasy for VTU students, where no alcohol went untested by Biv, a prototype robobrain obtained through Lewis' sources.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The tattoo parlor is inaccessible from the front and can only be entered from the back, through the break room. Connected to the employees' room is the main tattooing room, which contains a number of seats and automated tattooing machines. A small utility room and a bathroom can also be accessed from here.
Closer inspection of the Nuka-Cola machine in the break room reveals the entrance into the cellar. The Nukashine is a small, stylistic speakeasy, containing a stage with enough instruments for a jazz band, a restroom, and most importantly, a distillery in the back, where Biv can be found alongside two brewing stations. Past the brewing area is a locked storage room where Lewis used to keep nuclear material for brewing Nukashine. The storage room is only accessible once player characters obtain the relevant password from the Eta Psi House or slip in while another player character enters or exits the room.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Nukashine ingredients pt. 2 - Note, in a locked supply closet.
- Warning! - Note, in the basement of the parlor, pinned to the table that the flash fermenter sits on (cannot be taken).
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the Nukashine, behind the bar counter, on the far left side of the top shelf, in the corner beside a towel.
- On the table in the distillery supply room (quest-related terminal needed for access).
- Two potential magazines:
- Inside the parlor, next to the boarded up front door, on the magazine rack.
- In the brew room where Biv is, next to the entry door and the first brewing station past the stairs, on a barrel.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The song playing prominently in the Nukashine cellar is "Tea at the Ritz," composed by Heinz Lohr and licensed from APM Music.