|For an overview of shotgun models in various games, see Shotgun.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and is not canon.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game.[Fallout 2d20 1] However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
This shotgun is capable of firing both rounds at one time. Although this can make it a very devastating weapon, you need to reload immediately after doing this. Besides that, there's no real reason to use the Silverhawk; it's weaker than the starting Ithaca 37.
- Two carried by raiders in Brahmin Wood. One just inside the compound, the other in the brahmin pen.
- One carried by the raider in Freeport.
- One carried by Raider Luke in Rock Falls.
- Three carried by raiders in Macomb.
- Eight carried by Beastlords in Mardin.
- One can be found in Junction City.
- Fallout 2d20 Rulebook p. 98: "Before the Great War, double-barrel shotguns were mainly used for hunting and home defense, and this has changed little. They are break-action and come in an either a side-by-side or over-and-under barrel configuration. Simple to make and maintain, these shotguns are seen frequently in the Commonwealth and the rest of the wasteland."