Belching Betty was a pre-War Garrahan Mining mine that was designated Beatrice. At some point before the War, the mine had been closed due to dangerous conditions. The coal veins in the mine also caught fire and are responsible for the massive amounts of toxic air which lingers in its corridors.
The mine is currently used as a training site for Fire Breathers and the bodies of a group of Fire Breather trainees can be found in the mine.
The entrance to the mine enters into an office space, with some lockers and broken terminals. A warning stating that the mine is closed is also found here. The start of the mine tracks is found here, and they can be followed to the end of the mine. Every part of the mine after this section contains several enemies and toxic air.
When following the tracks, the next section is a general processing area. Locker rooms can be found here, as well as wrecked trains and tracks. The bodies of Timothy Wolfe, Sylvester Tate, and Andrew Rhodes can be found here.
Following the tracks south will lead to another, smaller processing area, likely used to load cargo onto the trains. Near the side of the room is a fenced area, along with a staircase. This staircase leads down to a large mining area with the emergency beacon, and is heavily guarded by Scorched. When descending the staircase to the room, the staircase leads to a fenced-in storage platform, with a staircase to the main area at the end of the fenced-in area. The beacon is in the center of the room on a raised platform, and several old generators surround the platform. The bodies of Rita Wilcox and Maxine Ballard can be found at the emergency signal.
The following crafting stations can be found at this location:
- Power armor chassis
- Chemistry station - Past the stairs after the emergency beacon area, at the very top of the non-working elevator.
- Armor workbench - At the first workstation shack on the second floor.
- Weapons workbench - Above the emergency beacon area, on the supply room level.
- Tinker's workbench - In the fusion generator room, near the emergency beacon area.
- Three bobbleheads:
- One can be found inside the mine. The one bobblehead is down the right tunnel on top of one of the shelves in the storage room just down the metal stairs.
- A second bobblehead is on a rail near the end of the left tunnel.
- A third bobblehead is available in the trailer across the tracks immediately after climbing the tall stairs after hitting the emergency button.
- Two random magazines:
- In the area containing the first enemies. Take the first stairs on the left side that lead to the upper floor of the shack. Take a right, past the petrified corpse reaching for the toolbox. The magazine can be found on top of the turquoise machinery, right above the red numbers that read "-07958:16".
- Near the chemistry workbench after passing the emergency beacon and ascending the stairs, opposite of the workbench near a tool case.
- T-series power armor - Can spawn in the small bunker with the Responder robot just outside the entrance to the mine.
- Scorchslayer's journal - Part 1 - Holotape, on Andrew Rhodes' corpse, outside the locker room below the white clock.
- Scorchslayer's journal - Part 2 - Holotape, on Sylvester Tate's corpse, between 2 red pillars, just before the tunnel splits.
- Scorchslayer's journal - Part 3 - Holotape, on Rita Wilcox's corpse, below the emergency beacon button.
- Submachine gun - Near the body of Timothy Wolfe.
- Fire Breathers final exam briefing - Holotape, given to the player character by Bernie during Into the Fire.
- Two fusion cores:
- One in a fusion generator located just before reaching the emergency beacon button, opposite a tinker's workbench.
- Another right next to the red steamer trunk, on top of a file cabinet, next to a small lamp.
- Random armor plan - On the second floor of the first workstation shack, on a table.
Belching Betty appears only in Fallout 76.