Background[edit | edit source]
Bedford Station is a pre-War train switching station that once serviced the nearby quarry at Thicket Excavations but has since been infested with feral ghouls. Many inoperable train cars are still present around the site.
Layout[edit | edit source]
A ruined southbound train stretches out on the north to south running tracks. At the northern end of the train, several ghouls mill about a station. The highest level ghouls generally sit on the platform itself, conveniently near an explosive container. Further south sits a control tower, where Dutchman's body rests near the tracks. There are no signs of the assailants or the synth. The body of Helena, the runner mentioned in the terminal holotape who was supposed to meet with Dutchman, is found leaning against the water tower.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Bedford Station recording - Holotape in the terminal in the watchtower referencing A9-51 and Dutchman fleeing from the Institute.
- Cargo handler's note - On the floor of the platform building near the terminal.
- Helena's instructions - On the body of Helena, under the water tank.
- Dutchman's instructions - On Dutchman.
- Railway rifle - Inside a blue railway car attached to a locomotive. Appears at Level 20.
- A "dead drop" mentioned in the instructions is placed inside the blue train car to the north of the tower, within the blue barrel in the corner marked with a cache railsign.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Ghoul Problem: The player character is tasked with eliminating some feral ghouls to keep nearby settlers safe.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- Ghoul Problem: Settlers have asked the player character for help in taking care of some feral ghouls that have been terrorizing a nearby location.
- Pest Control: Dr. Binet of the Institute's Robotics division asks the Sole Survivor to eliminate some feral ghouls that are causing problems for a synth scavenger team.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bedford Station appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 264: "[1.13] BEDFORD STATION
This was a train switching station serving Thicket Excavations. Recently, this location appears to have been used by the Railroad as a stopover. Look for the bodies of Helena and Dutchman, though the synth they were protecting is nowhere to be found. Locate a large trunk with items in the freight warehouse (north) and a Railroad dead drop in the blue carriage."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)