| ||For the effects of sleeping in a bed, see resting.|
Beds come in a range of styles, from the basic military cot, narrow single beds with post headboards to the standard sized bed with a mattress. They can be found in settlements, pre-War buildings and in makeshift shelters throughout the Commonwealth. They can be used to rest in order to wait for time to pass and/or recover health. Sleeping in a bed at a player character-owned settlement will grant the Well Rested perk. If sleeping in close proximity to a romanced companion, the perk Lover's Embrace will be awarded instead.
In survival mode, a bed can be slept in for a minimum of the seven hours required to recover health and crippled body parts. As with the sleeping bag and mattress, sleeping for the minimum time of one hour can lead to illness.
Beds are located under Furniture → Beds in the workshop.
- Before entering Corvega assembly plant, a bed may be found on the highway to the north of it.
- 15 metal beds onboard The Prydwen.
- Six metal beds inside Andrew station.
- Five metal beds at the Atom Cats garage.
- 20 vault bunk beds in Vault 75.
- Three can be found in Concord. The first one in an open house near the Red Rocket truck stop. The second bed is in another house close by the Museum of Freedom. The third bed can be found in the sewers near a mirelurk in the Concord civic access.
- Some beds can be found at the Jalbert Brothers Disposal.
- There are beds in Mystic Pines.
- A few quarters and bunkhouses can be found both inside and outside of Fort Hagen.
- A few around College Square.
- Inside the Cambridge Police Station.
- Inside a truck trailer near ArcJet Systems.
- A few beds found across Park Street Station.
- There is an abandoned house in which there are two free beds, outside of Concord and towards Lexington.