Background[edit | edit source]
Beatrix Russell is a gun-for-hire, currently employed by the doctors of the Followers of the Apocalypse. In her long life, she's experienced a lot of human nature, and finds that "physical and mental anguish are especially exciting to explore." She enjoys drinking but the Followers won't allow her to drink on the job, so she finds her job at the Old Mormon Fort a bit dull.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is romanceable.||
Cost: 25 caps
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Wang Dang Atomic Tango: As a ghoul in a cowboy outfit, Beatrix is one of the three people that need to be recruited for the Atomic Wrangler casino.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- Once she is hired as a prostitute, the player character can hire her "services" for 25 caps plus the cost of a room. When the screen turns black during sex, Beatrix will make feral ghoul sounds.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- While working as a guard, she'll offer some free advice to the player character when asked, though once she starts working at the Atomic Wrangler, she no longer gives out advice.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Bounty hunter duster
Desperado cowboy hat
Chained prostitute outfit
|.357 Magnum revolver
Notes[edit | edit source]
Killing her after completing the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango will still result in Followers of the Apocalypse Infamy.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Feed a man for free. He'll be back asking for more. Feed a man a bullet. You won't hear from him again."
- "Good, bad... The guy with the gun makes the rules."
- "The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know nothing."
- "Longing makes the heart grow fonder, but I've always been a fan of hog tying my lovers to make sure they can't escape."
- "Time you enjoyed wasting isn't wasted time."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Beatrix Russell appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- One of the pieces of advice she will give you is the quote "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time." This quote was said by Bertrand Russell, a British author, mathematician, & philosopher of a similar name.
- Another piece of advice Beatrix offers is: "The only thing I know for certain is that I don't know nothing." This is an adaptation from Socrates, another philosopher, "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing."
- Another piece of advice she will give you is "Good...bad...the guy with the gun makes the rules." This is a reference to what Ash says in the movie Army of Darkness: "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun!". This, in turn, was a quote from John Moses Browning.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes when you pay her for sex she won't get off of the chair and won't move, which means having intercourse with her is impossible. This seems to occur after you've completed Debt Collector and have been given a free room at the Atomic Wrangler. Exiting the atomic wrangler, and reentering might fix this problem, but if exiting and entering doesn't work the first time on PS3 it won't work ever and neither will switching outfits, sleeping for any amount of time, or reloading the save. Nothing will work unless you happen to have a manual save during the short amount of in-game time between when you convince her to work for them and getting your permanent room[verified]
- PC Xbox 360 She will follow you to your room after being paid for sex but then simply stand by the bed. There are no dialogue options offered to try to fix this, but if you look at the bed and select sleep, then exit once it asks you how long you want to sleep, she will be on the bed. [verified]
- Xbox 360 It is possible to get infinite experience using the Speech check about the Atomic Wrangler. [verified]
- Playstation 3 If she is killed, and the player has the Bloody Mess perk, it will appear that her boots will be attached to her without her legs actually being there. [verified]