An eccentric, airheaded dweller of Vault 101, Beatrice often butts into other residents' business, though she vehemently denies that she is ever involved in others' affairs. Beatrice frequently gossips with her married sisters, Mary Kendall and Gloria Mack; she is also best friends with Pepper Gomez, and is romantically interested in Mister Brotch.[Non-game 1]
Beatrice's hobbies include reading Tarot cards and writing poems. At one point, she attempted to write a poem in commemoration of Vault 101's first overseer on Founder's Day, but she struggled to find words that rhymed with "overseer." Although she claims to never copy her old poems, she ended up re-using her Founder's Day draft for use in one of her later poems. She will give the Lone Wanderer a poem for their tenth birthday party on July 13, 2268.
During the factional crisis in Vault 101, Beatrice died when Andy amputated her entire right leg in an attempt to treat her left big toe, sprained at some point after the chaos caused by the Lone Wanderer's escape.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Overseer Alphonse Almodovar speaks poorly of Beatrice in his terminal entry, calling her an absent-minded, sexually repressed sycophant. He claims her mind is growing feeble and that she should get a long-term pharmaceutical solution in order to keep her comfortable and quiet.
- Despite her normally cheerful attitude, the poem she gives the Lone Wanderer can be interpreted as dark and depressing.
- Should Beatrice be ignored at the party, she will continue to follow the Lone Wanderer throughout the vault, even onto the reactor level.
- Beatrice adopted Steve Armstrong, with her own father acting as Steve's father.
- Andy says he had to amputate Beatrice's left leg due to a sprained big toe. By looking at her corpse, Andy removed the right leg.
Beatrice Armstrong appears only in Fallout 3.
- Vault 101 cafeteria bulletin-board: "If anyone wants a tarot card reading, you know where to find me. -Beatrice"
- The Lone Wanderer: "A poem? You've got to be kidding me."
Beatrice Armstrong: " But you deserve nothing less than a brand new poem. You can keep it in your Pip-Boy and read it whenever you want!"
(Beatrice Armstrong's dialogue)
- Events of Growing Up Fast.
- The Lone Wanderer: "Andy, what happened? All this blood..."
Andy: "Ah, yes. A rather unfortunate incident. In all the commotion, Miss Beatrice suffered from a rather bad sprain in her left toe. The big one. Obviously, I had no choice but to amputate. The leg. I'm sorry to say the operation was not a success."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.61: "Beatrice Armstrong
Vault 101's resident gossip hound, she has her nose in everyone's business. Of course, like all true gossips, she will vehemently deny that she is ever involved in the affairs of others. She is best friends with Pepper Gomez and is interested in Mister Brotch. She also keeps up the gossip with her married sisters, Mary Kendall and Gloria Mack."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)