|Line 118:||Line 118:|
Revision as of 04:33, 24 November 2017
Before 2281, Beagle was the deputy of Primm under his brother-in-law, Sheriff McBain. When the town was attacked by escaped convicts, he was captured and held for ransom in the kitchen of the Bison Steve Hotel. He is considered a coward by the inhabitants of Primm.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- They Went That-a-Way: Beagle has some knowledge about the men who shot the Courier, and directs them to the town of Novac.
- My Kind of Town: Deputy Beagle says that he and Primm need a sheriff to keep the chain-of-command intact, so he asks the Courier to find a decent sheriff while offering suggestions to who would fit the job well.
Effects of player's actions
- At the conclusion of the quest My Kind of Town, regardless of who becomes the new sheriff, he loses the rank of deputy sheriff, or in his own words becomes "just a Beagle."
- Beagle must be rescued in order to progress to the quests mentioned above, even if Beagle dies during or after the rescue both quests can still be completed.
- With a Speech check of 25, it is possible to convince Deputy Beagle to assist in clearing the Bison Steve hotel of convicts, after which he will follow the Courier around inside the hotel and help out in combat. He will stop following as soon as the Courier exits the hotel.
- With a Speech check of 45, he will tell the Courier the information for They Went That-a-Way before exiting the hotel.
- If Beagle has been convinced to join the Courier after passing the above Speech check, he will become a temporary companion until the Courier leaves the Bison Steve Hotel.
- Similar to permanent companions, Beagle will not accept any attempts to give him Powder Ganger apparel, even by pickpocketing. Doing so will result in him dropping the item to the ground. This effect is limited only to Powder Ganger apparel; he will accept apparel from any other faction, including Caesar's Legion and the NCR.
- Any items transferred into his inventory while he is a temporary companion will become his upon leaving the Bison Steve Hotel, making the only options to retrieve them either pickpocketing or looting his corpse.
- He will equip and use a weapon if one round of ammunition is provided. He will not actually expend ammo.
- Beagle doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by his sister's death and only gives it a passing mention.
- Beagle speaks with an almost eloquent speech pattern, e.g. "Indeed I do, good sir," etc.
- After the Vikki and Vance Casino opens for business, he can be found sitting on a chair for an indefinite amount of time near an old gas station near three houses, one of them being his own.
- Beagle's journal is available to take directly from his inventory, without consequence, if he is given the option to take a weapon when opening a conversation.
- If Beagle is damaged by the Courier while he is still tied up (e.g. by splash damage from a mine or grenade) he will turn hostile but remain inert. If this occurs by accident, leaving the Bison Steve and returning in a few days will restore his friendly state, allowing one to proceed without killing/robbing him.
- It is possible to set Beagle on fire while he's still tied up, turning him hostile (but still inert), then have a normal conversation in his hostile state as he burns. If his health depletes entirely during the conversation, he will not die until the conversation ends.
- "Now you freed Deputy Beagle, all Primm needs is a lawman who can shoot a gun without wetting hisself." – Primm citizen about Beagle
- "Then I'll defer to your superior appraisal of character and prowess in contests of arms and see you outside!"
- "Ahh yes, my memory is much clearer now that I am free from my bondage. I was sku... er, performing recon, gathering information on some of the Powder Gangers, when some great Khans arrived with your friend in the suit. They were talking about some delivery they took from a courier, I assume that was you. They said they'd be heading through Nipton to Novac to meet a contact there."
Deputy Beagle appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Playstation 3 Beagle's voice may be different when he speaks with the Courier nearby but without initiating dialog, he may even change to a female voice. [verified]
- This may happen after the Courier leaves the Bison Steve Hotel.
- PC Ask him "Can you tell me about the people who passed through town now?" then presented with a Speech (40) Check option telling him "You can tell me or you can Rot in here". After passing the check, you can ask him "Can you tell me about the people who passed through town now?" again, and you will be presented with the Speech (40) check again and again. Each time you pass you will earn roughly 36 XP, and the option will never go away as long as he is NOT released. This works even after a test reload. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Beagle will sometimes get stuck in the ceiling of the Vikki & Vance Casino. Going out of the casino should fix this. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Beagle may stop following the Courier and get stuck in the doorway if they travel to the second floor of the Bison Steve Hotel, as this is considered "outside" of the actual Hotel's cell. [verified]
- Xbox 360 If Beagle dies after being rescued, his ragdolled corpse may appear inside the Vikki & Vance Casino entrance randomly. [verified]