Background[edit | edit source]
Battle Brew was created by Dr. Mori, a Big MT research scientist at the X-13 research facility. After an argument with Dr. Calis, Mori was forced to move the supply to a storage room in the facility.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Battle Brew is a potent concoction made from vodka, mutant cave fungus, and Salient Green. The mixture grants no Charisma bonus but provides healing and greater resistance to injury. In essence, Battle Brew acts as a combination of Med-X and stimpaks. In addition, consuming this applies a separate effect named "Red Mist," which lasts for 20 seconds and grants +40 action points and an additional +1 Strength. Contrary to the (longer) Strength bonus, this one stacks with other alcoholic beverages.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Salient Green (1)
Old World Blues add-on
Battle Brew (1)
- ¹ Can also be crafted at the strange still located in the X-13 research facility without the Survival skill check
Locations[edit | edit source]
- A strange cask can be found on a hill (outside the fence) just northwest of the X-7b "Boom Town" target zone, close to the Guns skill book recipe. Inside and on top of the cask are four bottles of Battle Brew.
- A second strange cask containing three bottles is opposite the strange still in the X-13 research facility.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite being shown as alcohol on the Pip-Boy's effect interface, Rose of Sharon Cassidy's perk Whiskey Rose does not remove the negative effects (-1 Intelligence). It is unknown if this is a bug or an oversight.
- If used in combination with Med-X and Slasher, the player character can reach 85 DR.
- Drinking Battle Brew gives the player character's vision a red tint for a short time.
- Even though it can be crafted by the Courier, Battle Brew has its own unique world model.
References[edit | edit source]