|For an overview of baseball bats, see baseball bat.|
For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Baseball bat (GRA).
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
It is possible to execute Grand Slam outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The baseball bat can successfully strike about 1,995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal baseball bat , a unique version capable of supporting mods.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Goodsprings - one of the Powder Gangers that attacks with Joe Cobb, during the quest Ghost Town Gunfight carries one.
- North sewers - Greasy Johnny's gang often holds them.
- Baseball bats are a common melee weapon for Fiends to spawn with.
- One can be found beside Old Lady Gibson's bed.
- Despite its low attack value, the baseball bat at full condition and good barter skill can be sold for around 250 caps.
- The baseball bat's unique V.A.T.S. move is the Grand Slam, the same move used by the nail board, pool cue and the shovel.
- The baseball bat has some of the highest durability of melee weaponry, and its availability makes it a decent starting weapon.
- Looking closely, the inscription "Since 1879" is seen on the bat, below a circled uppercase cursive "B".
Behind the scenes
In the sport of baseball, a grand slam is a home run hit with all the bases occupied by baserunners, thereby scoring four runs; the most possible on a single play.