|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and is not canon.|
Bartholomew Kerr was a thin, rugged man in his thirties. However, time spent in the wastelands had aged him to look ten years older. He wore loose-fitting bandages as part of his attire. Kerr often traveled between the Brotherhood of Steel bunkers in various regions of the wasteland. He was trusted by the Brotherhood and he seemed to hold some allegiance to them. He had a knack for acquiring difficult to obtain items.
Some time around 2198, the Calculator's robots captured Kerr. His trading with the Brotherhood gave him an extensive knowledge of the locations and populations of several Brotherhood bunkers. This knowledge made Kerr a target that could not be ignored. A Brotherhood squad led by the Warrior was sent to Scott City, where Kerr was imprisoned. Kerr had been brutally tortured by the robots and had even undergone some sort of operation; a machine was implanted in his stomach, designed to keep him alive long enough to allow his brain to be removed. Unfortunately, a feeding tube was applied to his anus instead of his mouth, leaving Kerr to die a horrible death from internal hemorrhaging.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in missions.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: see inventory|
Restock on promotion: * All items
|This character appears in the following locations.|
- Scott City - The trader asks the Warrior to kill him. His last words are that he didn't reveal anything to the robots.
Healing powder x5
After Burner gum
Healing powder x10
After Burner gum x4
Trauma pack x4
Super stimpak x6
Healing powder x2
After Burner gum x3
Super stimpak x5
"Nicholas" is Kerr's first name in some of the game's files.
- "Hello my child. I am Kerr, a humble merchant who travels the wastelands in search of objects and oddities that the Brotherhood could use. Come and have a look at my wares. Who knows? Maybe I'll have something you might find useful."
- "Ah, we meet again, my child. It is good to see another familiar face in this time of troubles. Are you looking for any hard to find trinkets or devices? My inventory might surprise you."
- "Ah. Again, we meet each other. I go wherever good trade takes me. It seems you go where danger takes you. We are very much alike, yet, totally different. As always, I am pleased to be able to offer you my wares for trade."
- "*Sputter* I'm surprised you made it here without being shackled, warrior. That hard look in your eyes speaks volumes of your intentions. *Cough cough* Let me guess. You're looking at my battered, broken body that is bursting with tubes and machinery and you realize I am beyond rescue. No, beyond rescue and now a threat. Well you're right. I can't hold out forever. *Gasp* Just tell them that I kept my mouth shut, that I'm a man of honour, please. I just want the pain to stop. So do it, kill me."
- "What are *moan* you waiting for? Can't you see what they did to my body? Kill me. *gurgle* Stop ... the ... pain. I'm begging you!"
- "You sadistic son of a bitch! You're *groan* gonna sit there and *gasp* watch me suffer? I see. You don't have the balls to *sputter* to do it. I hope the (swallows) I hope the robots catch you too. Oh God, mercy! I'm all out of faith!"
Bartholomew Kerr appears only in Fallout Tactics.
Behind the scenes
Considering numerous references to Terminator series in Fallout Tactics Kerr may be a reference to a character Milton Bishop from Bethesda's game The Terminator: Future Shock. However, Bishop intentionally betrayed humans and ended up on an operating table with Skynet looking for information inside his head. Just like in Fallout Tactics, the Warrior's mission is to kill him, and just like Kerr, Bishop pleads to end his life.