Barrel cactus fruit is found on the barrel cactus, which appears as spherical cacti that can be encountered while wandering the Mojave Wasteland. They usually form in groups, with one large barrel cactus that contains the fruit surrounded by several smaller cacti. Like all other Mojave Wasteland plants, fruit-bearing barrel cacti will eventually grow back after being picked.
Survival skill effect
|10||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-18 Dehydration , -6 Starvation|
|20||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-21 Dehydration , -7 Starvation|
|30||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-24 Dehydration , -8 Starvation|
|40||-1 Endurance for 2m, +1 Hit Point for 5s||-27 Dehydration , -9 Starvation|
|50||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-30 Dehydration , -10 Starvation|
|60||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-33 Dehydration , -11 Starvation|
|70||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-36 Dehydration , -12 Starvation|
|80||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-39 Dehydration , -13 Starvation|
|90||-2 Endurance for 2m, +2 Hit Point for 5s||-42 Dehydration , -14 Starvation|
|100||-3 Endurance for 2m, +3 Hit Point for 5s||-45 Dehydration , -15 Starvation|
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Salient Green (1)
Barrel cactus fruit (1)
- Eight can be bought or stolen from the Westside Co-op.
- They can sometimes be found in refrigerators.
- Two are in the mess hall within the Nellis Air Force Base.
- Sometimes sold by traveling merchants.
- One can be acquired every three in-game days after the completion of Field Research, once the Courier has upgraded the biological research station.
- The dried version, one of the items converted from the seed package, found near the Dionaea Muscipula.
- Thirteen cacti can be found around El Dorado Dry Lake.
- There are approximately four plants by the Brooks tumbleweed ranch.
- There are three plants outside the western wall of Ranger Station Bravo.
- Farm patches inside and outside Westside contain a few of these cacti.
- Three in Goodsprings, two in a garden west of the general store, and one behind the wrecked house north of the schoolhouse.