|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Background[edit | edit source]
He is an arrogant leader full of self-importance. Think of him as the scrawny little bully who hides behind the muscles of his big bully friend. He thinks himself a right-hand man of Caesar, and therefore very important in the wasteland.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Become a Hangdog Warrior: The Prisoner has exactly one day to journey to the northern ravines to tame a wild dog or steal a puppy from a feral packs lair.
- Take Over the Hangdogs: The Prisoner must challenge Bares His Teeth for the leadership of the group by pitting his dog against the Packleader's dog. If the Prisoner has tamed the Devil Dog, it may be used for this quest.
- Get Rid of the Coyotes: Those pesky varmints are annoying the Hangdogs, they must be killed or driven away.
- Kill the Rats For the Blackfoots and Hangdogs: Rats of all sizes are running amok in the streets of the village. The dogs aren't able to catch them all and eventually give up. The Prisoner can earn kudos in the village by killing off all of the rats.
- Destroy all of the Spore Plants: Get rid of the spore plant fruits, which are all over one of the gardens and are threatening the nearby villagers.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
If the Prisoner succeeds in taming the wild dog, he will be given a Hangdog warrior name. If the Prisoner managed to succeed in the more difficult task of stealing a puppy from a feral packs lair, it will be turned over to Teacher, and an adult dog will be given to the Prisoner in exchange.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Before the Hangdogs were merged with the Blackfoot tribe, Bares would have had no qualms about banishing Sharptooth and his family for Sharptooth being a Legion spy. Bares would have also joined the Hangdog rebellion if the Prisoner had become the leader of the tribe and showed mercy to Sharptooth.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- North Hillside map
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/3 - Bares His Teeth
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/4 - Become a Hangdog Warrior
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/4 - Take Over the Hangdogs
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/4 - Get Rid of the Coyotes
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/4 - Kill the Rats For the Blackfoots and Hangdogs
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/4 - Destroy all of the Spore Plants
- Blackfoot Tribe design document/2 - Moral Dilemmas