Banks are financial institutions dedicated to the business of receiving money on current or deposit account, paying and collecting cheques drawn by or paid in by customers and the making of advances to customers.
There are a total of 5 banks throughout Washington, D.C.. All of them have no interior.
- One bank with a blue sign in Mason District South.
- One bank with a green sign just outside of the park in Mason District.
- One bank with a red sign beside a highway overpass in Takoma Park.
- One bank with a red sign in Pennsylvania Avenue, just off the Metro Central.
- A large, unique bank with a rusted sign reading "Burnside Bank & Loan" in Dupont Circle's main area.
- Bridgeway Trust, a small bank in The Fens.
- Commonwealth Bank, a bank in a skyscraper in the Financial District.
- Lexington Bank, a bank in the city of Lexington.
- University Credit Union, a bank in University Point.
- Weatherby Savings & Loan, a collapsed bank under the USS Constitution in Charlestown.