Paladin Bael is a worthy fighter, but he has not yet mastered the fine art of conversation, a shortfall that almost led to an altercation with a Megaton resident. Still, his commanding presence ensures that undesirables stay well away from the entrance gates.
Bael stands at the Citadel's gate guarding it until Take it Back! is completed.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Waters of Life: Bael guards the entrance to the Citadel and denies entrance until the end of "The Waters of Life."
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brotherhood power armor||Minigun||5mm round||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- One will be redirected to him at the entrance if attempting to talk to the Knight stationed at the other side of the entrance alongside the sentry bot.
- After downloading Broken Steel, Paladin Bael will disappear once the Take it Back! quest is completed.
- After saying "I have to go now," he might say either, "Steel be with you," or "Of course." He uses a generic voice, not of his own, for the latter quote.
- "That's an affirmative. You're clear to enter. But I still don't like it. Or you."
- "I can see you're trying to appeal to my good nature. Pity for you I don't have one. I'll give you this one for free -- we use our big guns to kill big Super Mutants, so people like you can sleep at night."
- "Negative. No Super Mutants, civilians or traveling salesmen allowed. Which are you?"
- "You're standing in front of the Citadel, headquarters to the Brotherhood of Steel. Capital Wasteland detachment."
- "Yeah, the city ruins are crawling with them. They've pretty much overrun all of old D.C. Do yourself, and us, a favor and stay as far away from there as humanly possible. Definitely no place for civilians."
Paladin Bael appears only in Fallout 3.