Paladin Bael is a worthy fighter, but he has not yet mastered the fine art of conversation, a shortfall that almost led to an altercation with a Megaton resident. Still, his commanding presence ensures that undesirables stay well away from the entrance gates.[Non-canon 1][clarification needed]
Bael stands at the Citadel's gate guarding it until Take it Back! is completed.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character drops an ear upon death (Contract Killer).|
- The Waters of Life: Bael guards the entrance to the Citadel and denies entrance until the end of "The Waters of Life."
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brotherhood power armor||Minigun||5mm round||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- One will be redirected to him at the entrance if attempting to talk to the Knight stationed at the other side of the entrance alongside the sentry bot.
- After downloading Broken Steel, Paladin Bael will disappear once the Take it Back! quest is completed.
- After saying "I have to go now," he might say either, "Steel be with you," or "Of course." He uses a generic voice, not of his own, for the latter quote.
- "That's an affirmative. You're clear to enter. But I still don't like it. Or you."
- "I can see you're trying to appeal to my good nature. Pity for you I don't have one. I'll give you this one for free -- we use our big guns to kill big Super Mutants, so people like you can sleep at night."
- "Negative. No Super Mutants, civilians or traveling salesmen allowed. Which are you?"
- "You're standing in front of the Citadel, headquarters to the Brotherhood of Steel. Capital Wasteland detachment."
- "Yeah, the city ruins are crawling with them. They've pretty much overrun all of old D.C. Do yourself, and us, a favor and stay as far away from there as humanly possible. Definitely no place for civilians."
Paladin Bael appears only in Fallout 3.