|For an overview of BB gun variants, see BB gun.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
As a pneumatically-powered airgun, primarily used for small game hunting or recreational target practice, the BB gun is with a base damage of only 4 the weakest gun in the game, even when boosted with the Cowboy perk. Thus it is largely useless against anything larger than a Radroach or Bloatfly. But then again, it is considered a silenced weapon.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The BB gun can fire a total of about 245 BBs, the equivalent of 2.5 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
Variant[edit | edit source]
- Abilene Kid LE BB gun, a unique variant of the BB gun. It can be found in Fields' shack, southwest of Nellis Air Force Base. The shack is right next to the main road leading into the base. The gun is sitting on one of the shelves on the left wall.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- With the Wild Wasteland trait, the Abilene Kid gun will instead be located inside a well that appears in front of the shack. The well appears after talking to Rex upon him saying "aroo" and asking him if someone fell down a well. Doing this will cause the Courier to receive a map marker denoting the location of Jimmy's well.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Abilene Kid LE BB gun||4||6.2||1.54||x1.5||70||28||0.1||0.5||100||495||2||500||250||0||1|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Blue Paradise Vacation Rentals - found in the middle sunken beach house, behind the dresser laying on the bunkbed.
- Brewer's beer bootlegging - in the basement under the table with the BBs.
- Bradley's shack - on the table in the back of the shack.
- Coyote Mines - one can be found in the shack at the top of the mine.
- Fisherman's Pride Shack - on a metal shelf to the right when entering the shack.
- Goodsprings - there are two in Goodsprings, one is propped up against the west wall of the northeasternmost house, the other is in the house across from the saloon, lying on a table.
- Great Khan armorer - occasionally sells BB guns.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - one can be found in the toy box left of the door upon entering. Mick also sells them.
- Nellis Air Force Base - located inside the children's barracks, hidden between a bookcase and a wall.
- Nipton - one of the homes hanging on the wall with ammunition in the box below.
- Nipton Road reststop - behind some sacks near the back wall.
- Fields' shack - in the shack is a BB gun with BBs
- Toy boxes - occasionally spawn BB guns
- Nellis Air Force Base - located inside Nellis schoolhouse. Pick the lock to the teacher's desk to find it.
- X-8 research center - located in the coach's office during the X-8 Data Retrieval Test. Behind the sports equipment in the right corner.
Notes[edit | edit source]
It will still ignite flammable fumes, such as the ones inside the biodiesel refinery.