The regional office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, this location was where those responsible for investigations worked. It was also used for holding and detaining suspects. Its evidence locker, still brimming with contraband, has attracted Sparta's crew, keen to loot it. As the Sole Survivor arrives, they are actively scouring the facility for a way to shut down the turret guarding the evidence room.
Through the reception area are a few raiders pinned down by a turret that is guarding the evidence room. To the west is what used to be an interrogation office, now containing a weapons workbench. A hallway on the opposite end leads to a stairwell going down to the holding cells. That hallway also has a locked door to the bathroom, contains the skeleton of Sergeant Dave Mallory, still holding the chief's key. The walls of the basement holding cells have been destroyed, leading to a records room, which also contains an armor workbench.
The records room can also be directly accessed upon entering the building by a door on the right side of the entrance area. Inside the room, a Protectron robot is located inside the charging station, and one can activate it via an adjacent terminal. Further inside this room, there is a hole in the wall that leads to the holding cells. Forward and to the right from the entrance one will find the evidence lockup, which contains a Fat Man and a mini nuke among other loot.
To the left of the entrance, one will find an office area and the chief's office, which is locked and requires the chief's key to access. In the office area there is an evidence terminal where one can learn a bit more about Nick Valentine and the name of his fiancée, Jennifer Lands. On one of the computers in the building is a list of people jailed in September 2077.
- Eddie Winter Holotape 0 - On a short filing cabinet near the locked terminal in the basement.
- Guns and Bullets Issue #10 - On a desk in the chief's office to the west.
- Cell key - In the file cabinet in the chief's office, opens cell doors.
- Evidence locker key - In the safe that is opened with the chief's terminal, opens evidence locker cell.
- Chief's key - In the Novice locked bathroom in the left stall. It opens the chief's office.
- We are done - Holotape, in a Novice locked evidence room where the Fat Man and Stealth Boy are located.
- Fat Man and mini nuke - In a Novice locked evidence lockup upstairs. This is also where the Stealth Boy and the We are done holotape is located.
- Stealth Boy - On the bottom of a shelf in the room defended by a gun turret. This is also where the Fat Man and We are done holotape is located.
- Fusion core - On the roof of a building due south across the road, when exiting the building look on the roof of the building across the street. Behind the buildings where one can see the fusion core generator is a staircase to gain access to it.
- FM 52.7 music catalogue - On Connie's table, during Speak of the Devil.
- Connie's confession - On the same table.
- Cigarette paper - In a niche behind Connie.
- Upon entering the office for the first time, a special scene with two raiders will occur. The two will be trying to get into the armory but are taking cover from the turret.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the evidence lockup.
|Curie||"We must be careful. We don't want to tamper with evidence, yes?"|
The BADTFL regional office appears only in Fallout 4.
Upon entering the station for the first time, the special scene of two raiders attempting to enter the armory does not play. In at least one case, the player enters and there is one dead raider body in the room with the turret and no scripted sequences are happening. [verified]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 423: "[8.01] BADTFL REGIONAL OFFICE
This is the local office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms, and Lasers (BADTFL). This location was responsible for investigations and was used as a holding cell and evidence locker housed in the facility. The locker has attracted Raiders, keen to loot it."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)