The regional office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms and Lasers, this location was where those responsible for investigations worked. It was also used for holding and detaining suspects. Its evidence locker, still brimming with contraband, has attracted Sparta's crew, keen to loot it. As the Sole Survivor arrives, they are actively scouring the facility for a way to shut down the turret guarding the evidence room.
Through the reception area are a few raiders pinned down by a turret, guarding the evidence room in the eastern part of the room. To the west is what used to be an interrogation office, now containing a weapons workbench. A hallway on the opposite end leads to a stairwell going down to the holding cells. That hallway also has a locked door to the bathroom, contains the skeleton of the chief officer, still holding the chief's key. The walls of the basement holding cells have been destroyed, leading to a records room, which also contains an armor workbench.
After entering the building to the right, one will find a kind of archive area. A protectron robot is located inside the charging station, and one can activate it via an adjacent terminal. Further inside this room, there is a hole in the wall that leads to the holding cell. Forward and to the right from the entrance one will find the evidence lockup, there is among other things a Fat Man and a mini nuke inside.
To the left of the entrance, one will find an office area and the chief's office. In the office area there is an evidence terminal where one can learn a bit more about Nick Valentine and the name of his fiancé, Jennifer Lands. On one of the computers in the building is a list of people jailed in September 2077.
- Eddie Winter holotape 0 - On a short filing cabinet near the locked terminal in the basement.
- Guns and Bullets issue #10 - On a desk in the chief's office to the west.
- Cell key - In the file cabinet in the chief's office, opens cell doors.
- Evidence locker key - In the safe that is opened with the chief's terminal, opens evidence locker cell.
- Chief's key - In the Novice locked bathroom in the left stall. It opens the chief's office.
- We are done - Holotape, in a Novice locked evidence room where the Fat Man and Stealth Boy are located.
- Fat Man and mini nuke - In a Novice locked evidence lockup upstairs. This is also where the Stealth Boy and the We are done holotape is located.
- Stealth Boy - On the bottom of a shelf in the room defended by a gun turret. This is also where the Fat Man and We are done holotape is located.
- Fusion core - On the roof of a building due south across the road, when exiting the building look on the roof of the building across the street. Behind the buildings where one can see the fusion core generator is a staircase to gain access to it.
- FM 52.7 music catalogue - On Connie's table, during Speak of the Devil.
- Connie's confession - On the same table.
- Cigarette paper - In a niche behind Connie.
- Upon entering the office for the first time, a special scene with two raiders will occur. The two will be trying to get into the armory but are taking cover from the turret. During this scene, the raider in charge of this location, Sparta, may appear and may be killed by the turret.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated at the evidence lockup.
|Curie||"We must be careful. We don't want to tamper with evidence, yes?"|
The BADTFL regional office appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- On the computer in the cell area are the files of the people incarcerated in the month of September 2077. The uncorrupted files detail three fictional characters from different movies and television that were jailed:
- The first is Lucas Paul Jackson, a reference to the character Lucas Jackson played by Paul Newman in the film Cool Hand Luke. He was arrested for possession of an unlicensed laser and had in his possession a leather wallet, a plastic comb and 50 American dollars. He is described as having blonde hair with blue eyes, 5'10" weighing 159 lbs., with no distinguishing marks and was released on bail.
- The next file is on Opie Hurst, a reference to the character Opie Winston from the FX television series Sons of Anarchy played by Ryan Hurst. He was arrested for possession of an unlicensed laser and had in his possession a leather vest, a wool knit cap and a set of motorcycle keys. He is described as having brown hair with brown eyes, 6'4" weighing 235 lbs., bearded with arm tattoos and a back tattoo and was released on bail.
- Lastly there was Jake Redds; a reference to the character Jake Blues from the film The Blues Brothers played by John Belushi. He was arrested for possession with intent to distribute and evading arrest and had in his possession 1 watch (broken), 1 pair boots (black), 1 black suit jacket, 1 hat (black) and 23 dollars and 7 cents. He is described as having black hair with blue eyes, 5'8" weighing 215 lbs., with no distinguishing marks and was still incarcerated as of October 1, 2077.
- On the chief's terminal, one can find one of his log entries where he complains about two "loose cannons" named Willison and Gibbs - references to Bruce Willis (John McLane in Die Hard) and Mel Gibson (Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon).
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
PC Upon entering the station for the first time, the special scene of two raiders attempting to enter the armory does not play. In at least one case, the player enters and there is one dead raider body in the room with the turret and no scripted sequences are happening. [verified]
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 423: "[8.01] BADTFL REGIONAL OFFICE
This is the local office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco, Firearms, and Lasers (BADTFL). This location was responsible for investigations and was used as a holding cell and evidence locker housed in the facility. The locker has attracted Raiders, keen to loot it."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)