|For the various forms of alcohol, see alcohol.|
The world model of an atomic cocktail is a novelty drink mixer shaped like a rocket ship, with a black logo and text on one side with the words "atomic cocktail" surrounding an atom. When consumed, the Courier becomes more resistant to fire and energy weapon damage. Sleep is greatly reduced, while Dehydration and Radiation are increased.
The strength of atomic cocktail effects are determined by the Survival skill and can be triple the listed effects at level 100.
Survival skill effect
|10||+30 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +30 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+36 Dehydration , -120 Sleep|
|20||+35 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +35 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+42 Dehydration , -140 Sleep|
|30||+40 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +40 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+48 Dehydration , -160 Sleep|
|40||+45 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +45 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+54 Dehydration , -180 Sleep|
|50||+50 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +50 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+60 Dehydration , -200 Sleep|
|60||+55 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +55 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+66 Dehydration , -220 Sleep|
|70||+60 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +60 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+72 Dehydration , -240 Sleep|
|80||+65 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +65 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+78 Dehydration , -260 Sleep|
|90||+70 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +70 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+84 Dehydration , -280 Sleep|
|100||+75 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +75 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+90 Dehydration , -300 Sleep|
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Atomic cocktail (4)
- Klamath Bob's liquor store - Can be stolen from a wooden crate behind the store counter.
- Occasionally found on dead legionaries.
- Whittaker farmstead - In the fridge.
- Ultra-Luxe - A reward upon winning a total of 3,750 chips.
- Prior to patch 126.96.36.199x, atomic cocktails required an additional 1 Nuka-Cola Victory, 1 vodka, and a bottle of wine to craft.
- The hotkey icon for this item is of food rather than a drink.
- Despite being an alcoholic beverage, it doesn't have the risk of alcohol addiction or an Intelligence penalty.
Behind the scenes
The atomic cocktail was an alcoholic drink served on the Strip during nuclear weapons testing in the 1950s in Las Vegas' Sky Room, where tourists could view mushroom clouds form at Nevada proving grounds from a distance. This was a considerable tourist draw from 1951-1963 when Las Vegas was also known as "Atomic City."