|For the various forms of alcohol, see alcohol.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The world model of an atomic cocktail is a novelty drink mixer shaped like a rocket ship, with a black logo and text on one side with the words "atomic cocktail" surrounding an atom. When consumed, the Courier becomes more resistant to fire and energy weapon damage. Sleep is greatly reduced, while Dehydration and Radiation are increased.
The strength of atomic cocktail effects are determined by the Survival skill and can be triple the listed effects at level 100.
Survival skill effect[edit | edit source]
|10||+30 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +30 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+36 Dehydration , -120 Sleep|
|20||+35 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +35 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+42 Dehydration , -140 Sleep|
|30||+40 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +40 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+48 Dehydration , -160 Sleep|
|40||+45 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +45 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+54 Dehydration , -180 Sleep|
|50||+50 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +50 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+60 Dehydration , -200 Sleep|
|60||+55 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +55 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+66 Dehydration , -220 Sleep|
|70||+60 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +60 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+72 Dehydration , -240 Sleep|
|80||+65 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +65 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+78 Dehydration , -260 Sleep|
|90||+70 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +70 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+84 Dehydration , -280 Sleep|
|100||+75 Energy Resistance for 2 min, +75 Fire Resistance for 2 min||+90 Dehydration , -300 Sleep|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
This item can be crafted by the player character.
Atomic cocktail (4)
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Klamath Bob's liquor store - Can be stolen from a wooden crate behind the store counter.
- Occasionally found on dead legionaries.
- Whittaker farmstead - In the fridge.
- Ultra-Luxe - A reward upon winning a total of 3,750 chips.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.52x, atomic cocktails required an additional 1 Nuka-Cola Victory, 1 vodka, and a bottle of wine to craft.
- The hotkey icon for this item is of food rather than a drink.
- Despite being an alcoholic beverage, it doesn't have the risk of alcohol addiction or an Intelligence penalty.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The atomic cocktail was an alcoholic drink served on the Strip during nuclear weapons testing in the 1950s in Las Vegas' Sky Room, where tourists could view mushroom clouds form at Nevada proving grounds from a distance. This was a considerable tourist draw from 1951-1963 when Las Vegas was also known as "Atomic City." Las Vegas businesses had, at the time, a penchant for marketing everything as "atomic." The real-world recipe for the Atomic cocktail is 1½ oz. vodka, 1½ oz. brandy, 1/2 oz. dry sherry, and 1½ oz. Brut champagne.
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- "Atomic Cocktail" is also the name of a 1945 song by the Slim Gaillard Quartette, published only five months after the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|