“With the Atomic! perk, you are 25% faster and stronger whenever you're basking in the warm glow of radiation. Outside irradiated areas, your Action Points (AP) regenerate faster and faster the higher your level of radiation sickness becomes.”— in-game description
- Surrounding Rad level > 0, Run speed x1.25, Attack speed x1.25, DT +2, STR +2
- Rad 200-400, AP regen x1.1
- Rad 400-600, AP regen x1.2
- Rad 600-800, AP regen x1.33
- Rad 800-999, AP regen x1.5
- When eating foods that have a Rad effect longer than one second (such as coyote meat), the perk will activate. Eating multiple coyote steaks will stack the Rads duration, giving the player character a lengthy speed boost if many are consumed. The speed bonus functions even if over-encumbered, allowing a boost to quickly reach a vendor after fast traveling with Long Haul.
- The speed boost applies to fast traveling as well, stacking the perk with Travel Light results in significantly reduced hunger, thirst and elapsed time when fast traveling under and over carry weight. For this reason eating irradiated foods with an effect longer than one second, or using player housing with continuous rads outside the door (Hell's Motel) can be beneficial.
- The AP regen bonus synergizes well with Rad Child and Nerves of Steel.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.