|For an overview of assault rifle models, see assault rifle.|
Background[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Creation Club content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Perhaps the most well-recognized weapon in the pre-War U.S. Military arsenal, the M199 assault rifle earned its nickname "The Backtalker" from the unusual report the firing mechanism makes as it ejects a spent shell. Firing standard 5.56mm rounds, the M199 was the official infantry weapon of the U.S. Army.
|End of information based on Creation Club content.|
Fed from a side-mounted magazine, this gas-operated assault rifle has anti-aircraft style sights. It includes a charging handle on the right fashioned out of durable wood. A common sight in Appalachia, this assault rifle is used by Scorched, Raiders, Settlers, and super mutants.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The assault rifle is a water cooled, gas operated rifle; featuring a side-mounted magazine firing 5.56mm rounds, anti-aircraft gun style sights, a telescoping wooden stock and charging handle as standard. If fitted with an automatic receiver, the rifle switches to using Commando perks instead of Rifleman.
Weapon modifications[edit | edit source]
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Whistle in the Dark - A unique legendary variant obtained as a Survival mode reward during the weeks of June 25-July 1 and August 20-26, 2019.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One can be found at Crimson Prospect, on a dining table in the northeast tower, in the same room as Randy's terminal.
- One can be found at Harpers Ferry, on the shelves in the armory next to the minigun.
- One can be found at Sugar Grove.
References[edit | edit source]
- Creation Club Army paint textures denote the Fallout 4 assault rifle as the M199.