| ||For an overview of assault rifle models in all games, see assault rifle.|
The AK-112 assault rifle is a military assault rifle of Soviet origin that was in service during the early 21st century. Chambered for 5mm ammunition, it utilizes a 24-round magazine. The AK-112 was eventually considered aged and was scheduled to be replaced just prior to the Great War.
The AK-112 is a decent weapon, with mid-ranged bursts of hollow-point rounds being able to slice through even combat armor. The AP rounds are not effective against anything above metal armor, though. With a range comparable to the Colt Rangemaster, and a very common ammunition type (except in the beginning of Fallout 2), the AK is an excellent complement to the CZ53 personal minigun and the Avenger minigun.
- In Fallout 2, the AK-112 can be upgraded with an extended magazine, increasing the magazine capacity to 100 rounds.
- Sold by Jake in the Hub's Old Town.
- One can be found in the Boneyard; in the second house on the right side, in the Adytum district of Boneyard.
- In Necropolis, one rifle be found in the building housing the passage to Vault 12 (and Harry) - the rifle is in the bookshelf.
- Morpheus carries one.
- Zack sells them, along with ammunition.
- Each of the Brotherhood of Steel knights in the training room on the first level of the Lost Hills bunker have one that can be stolen. They also do not turn hostile if caught in the act.
- One can be found on a corpse on the first level of the Glow.
- Hub Police stationed at the Hub entrance and Old Town carry these, along with 150 rounds of 5mm AP and JHP rounds of ammunition (only police wearing combat armor carry ammunition).
- One can be awarded for helping establish a truce between the Slags and the farmers of Modoc.
- In the NCR, Officer Jack has one that can be looted.
- Caminetto in Redding's Malamute Saloon has one.
- Six can be found in the Sierra Army Depot. One in the barracks, two in the high-security armory and three in the command center's security checkpoint.
- Some guards in Vault City carry them.
- Some New Khans in Vault 15 carry them along with some 5mm AP.
- Jimmy in Vault 13 has one.
Behind the scenesEdit
The weapon was originally named "Colt Rifle" in the beta version of Fallout.